BNY Mellon Careers
Credit Research Analyst
BNY Mellon Investment Management (“IM” or the “Firm”), an SEC registered investment adviser, FCA-authorized manager and FINRA member firm (through affiliates), has been a leading global investment manager for more than 35 years. The world’s largest affiliate based money manager, IM is headquartered in New York, maintaining regional offices in key markets throughout the North America, EMEA and Asia regions. With more than $2 trillion in total assets under management, IM offers institutional investors and wealth management clients a broad range of public and private fund strategies across the risk/return spectrum, along with separately managed account capabilities.
Alcentra is IM’s global asset management firm focused on sub-investment grade corporate credit. Our team brings together a depth of knowledge in sub-investment grade corporate debt that covers the entire spectrum of investment possibilities – from Secured Loans and High Yield Bonds to Direct Lending & Mezzanine, Distressed Debt and Special Situations to Structured Credit.
We work with investors around the world to help them make the most of the market opportunities. Our clients gain access through a large range of investment funds and where required we can help them build a portfolio tailored to their own specific needs and requirements.
Our highly experienced people, based in Boston, London, New York and Singapore, work across asset classes, business sectors and geographies. Each member of our investment team has long experience in his or her chosen field of specialization.
Located in New York, the Senior Credit Research Analyst will cover both high yield bonds and leveraged loans. The analyst will be responsible for conducting proprietary bottom-up fundamental credit research, specializing in 1-3 industries, and will employ fundamental research techniques including financial statement analysis, modeling, management meetings and relative value analysis to develop and articulate investment recommendations for loan, bond and multi-strategy portfolios.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- At least 5 years of previous experience in credit research, leveraged finance or banking
- Solid quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, attention to detail, and strong excel modeling abilities
- Strong independent critical thinking and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Advanced understanding of financial statements and accounting
- Proven interpersonal skills with ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and demonstrate initiative and a sense of personal accountability, but remain a team player and enjoy contributing in a cooperative and entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for investing and generating alpha to outperform index and competitor returns
- Unimpeachable integrity and an uncompromised reputation
- CFA, CPA, or MBA preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 15800
Job: Asset Management
Organization: Alcentra Group-HR13364
Requisition Number: 1908105