BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Principal, Product Manager
Leads and provides strategic guidance on product development and marketing processes for multiple highly complex global products that are high impact and high profile. Liaises with cross-functional teams to provide products that address client needs. Leads sessions on the design and development of product marketing strategies for multiple highly complex global products that are high impact and high profile. Leads and provides technical guidance to cross-functional teams including Development and Marketing. Uses complete and detailed understanding of the product, any design or development considerations, and the marketing environment to provide highly valued input. Serves as a subject matter expert and provides strategic direction on product competitors, consumer trends, and market status. Is primary point of contact for clients. Acts as the product champion and ambassador. Ultimately responsible for defining the product position and brand. Contributes to the achievement of Product Management objectives.
Pershing is implementing an engagement model to support clients with complex technology needs. The role of Technology Solutions Consultant is a key member of this model. This candidate will provide consultative technology support for our top clients by developing solutions with the client leveraging all of Pershing’s capabilities. The candidate is expected to perform these duties:
- Build strong relationship with leaders at the respective firms and understand the client’s goals and objectives
- Become well versed in Pershing’s overall technology offering and capabilities, be able to apply our offering to a client’s goals
- Work with internal teams to align on business strategy, prioritize work, and technology delivery to meet client needs
- Gather client feedback to help shape technology strategy and roadmap
- Be organized, self-motivated, results driven, and strategic in their engagement with clients
- Help develop a standard for delivering this engagement model to more clients
Many clients are embarking on significant changes in their business models with significant changes in technology. This new role is essential in working with these clients as a consultant and bring all our solutions to help our clients achieve their goals.
- Bachelor's degree in technology or business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required,
- 12+ years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience in wealth management technology is preferred
- Presentation and demo experience is preferred
- Relationship Management/Product Management experience preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45212
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Domestic-HR06431
Requisition Number: 1908111