BNY Mellon Careers
What we are doing:
Chairman & CEO Charlie Scharf recently announced the launch of a newly formed global digital office, led by Roman Regelman, a former BCG partner who drove a number of large scale digital transformations for global financial services clients. The Digital team drives BNY Mellon’s digitization strategy and is responsible for mapping our digital future, investing in digital client and internal capabilities, including blockchain, smart contracts, data management, analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics.
The Digital team focuses on maximizing investments in our digital capabilities to drive significant improvements in business performance and the client and employee experience. The team is accelerating the bank’s innovation strategy, developing more cross-functional integration and developing best practices to integrate across businesses, regions, front line relationship managers, innovation centers. We are currently looking to fill positions at our global headquarters in Tribeca, New York.
The Blockchain Principal role is a critical position in the success of the Blockchain team. S/He will lead multiple blockchain initiatives working closely with the Head of Blockchain and other leaders of the digital team. The individual will work with the leaders of the business units, operations and technology groups, and external parties to plan, analyze and help execute blockchain initiatives.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Direct working experience with Distributed Ledger and Smart Contract technologies.
- Understanding of the mechanics of digital assets and tokenization of assets.
- Working experience in managing complex initiatives involving stakeholders across multiple teams
- Problem solving abilities, structured analytical skills and thinking, clear communication, strong presentation and inter-personal skills
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform as blockchain lead for strategic initiatives
- Develop proposal, plan, analysis and roadmap for blockchain / digital asset initiatives
- Manage large, diverse groups across the organization and align thinking and approach
- Provide expert advice throughout the lifecycle of the blockchain initiatives
- Communicate with key stakeholders and present updates in various forums
- Engage with external partners, including consortiums and start-ups
- Educate internal stakeholders with emerging trends in business models, regulations and key technological developments in the blockchain ecosystem
Bachelors degree in business or a related discipline or equivalent work experience required. Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred. MBA or advanced degree preferred. 7-10 years of related experience preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred. International and global experience preferred.
Preferred relevant work experience includes consulting experience in capital markets, investment management and investment services industries. Strong PowerPoint capabilities preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70195
Organization: Digital Global-HR17565
Requisition Number: 1908148