BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Rep, Client Processing
Overview or organisation
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Title of the position
Senior Representative, Client Processing (FX)Department
Markets Central Management - FX Ops
Reports to (to whom the person directly reports)
Job PurposeBNY Mellon Markets
Evolving regulations, increasing capital constraints, liquidity concerns and the growing demand for transparency are among the many challenges our clients face. These challenges require new thinking and new solutions. BNY Mellon Markets can help clients access capital, financing and liquidity through our suite of foreign exchange, securities finance, collateral management and segregation, capital markets, liquidity and prime brokerage services.
With over 1000 employees across three continents and $3 trillion in inventory of lendable assets for securities lending (as of December 2016), we pride ourselves on offering clients trading, financing, liquidity and collateral solutions by offering innovative services, market insight, industry expertise and scalable technology and deliver services. We bring together our experts, technology and operational strengths to offer effective solutions that help our clients manage their risk, capital and liquidity needs.FX Market Operations:
The Markets Manchester operations group consists of Foreign Exchange, FX overlay, Capital Markets, Securities finance and Onboarding. The teams are responsible for supporting the Markets business.
Core ResponsibilitiesJob Purpose:
The overall objective of the position is to ensure that the daily work for Markets Operations EMEA is completed in an accurate and timely manner. The key responsibilities include
- Monitoring multiple systems for exceptions and acting upon them;
- Settling all transactions prior to currency cut offs;
- Ensuring confirmations are exchanged and matched for each transaction;
- Creating and managing static data across multiple systems to ensure a high STP rate;
- Investigating any breaks that result from the trade life cycle;
- Answering queries from internal and external parties
The key responsibilities include supporting the confirmation process, maintaining static data in core systems, resolving any settlement issues by liaising with management, trading and counterparties, managing queries from both internal and external.Core Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day participation of workflow responsibilities within the team.
- Provides timely and relevant feedback to Section Manager on staff training, knowledge and process gaps.
- Assists management in delivery of staff training
- Escalates through the chain as appropriate.
- Active participation in assigned work initiatives
Successful candidates will possess the following (or equivalent qualifiers):
- Excellent communication skills.
- Decision Making & Accountability
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong desire for excellence with a conscientious approach
- Proactive nature
- Well organised and able to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines and stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work without close supervision, organise, manage and prioritise work
- Effective team worker
- Strong client service ethic
- Risk aware
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word Desired
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience in one of the following areas:- Data Processing and Verification - Reconciliations - Financial Services - Banking - Settlements experience
High school/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelors degree preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70609
Organization: Markets Core Operations-HR14504
Requisition Number: 1908324