BNY Mellon Careers
Group Manager, Control
We are receiving job applications for a Group Manager - Embedded Controls to manage all aspects of Control Management for BNY Mellon, will be physically based in Rio de Janeiro or São Paulo, Brazil.
- Identifies, analyzes, monitors and minimizes most complex areas of control testing, control and risk education, and operational and risk support activities to the global Asset Servicing business and manages projects to adjust or create controls required to meet regulatory and corporate expectations;
- Support Asset Servicing and Operations management teams in meeting the business risk assessment objectives, while providing strategic direction for designing and building a more robust and effective control framework and environment. Provide credible challenge to existing control activities, while helping carry out management directives to mitigate risks identified;
- Leads projects/analyses and leads the control and risk management testing and reporting including Error / Near Miss analyses;
- Operating with a high degree of independence, conducts analyses and leads projects to improve internal controls that keep up with regulations and corporate standards. Ensures that existing control and business recovery practices and procedures are documented. Works with the business to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk;
- Reviews documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance of control and business recovery procedures. Identifies deficiencies in data systems and creates processes to improve defenses. Assists in analyzing technology and market trends to determine potential resulting risks to the organization and how to address risks across businesses.
- Experience in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information both internally and externally essential;
- Supports multiple, complex projects and owns project timelines;
- Provides input into the development of controls and protocols for the function;
- Knowledge of the banking industry preferable;
- Fluency in English and Portuguese;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Brazil-Rio do Janeiro-Rio De Janeiro
Internal Jobcode: 70317
Organization: CM - Business Control-HR16431
Requisition Number: 1908362