The Third Party Governance Line of Business Lead (TPG LOB Lead) will oversee all aspects of Third Party Governance (TPG) and Vendor Management processes. This leader will monitor and manage the onboarding and ongoing activities between BNY Mellon Engagement Managers and all Third Parties. This role will initially report to the Head of Third Party Governance Oversight Administration & Support, with a planned transition to report to the CAO (or equivalent) of the respective line of business or corporate function. The TPG LOB Lead will collaborate with the line of business senior leadership and key stakeholders, internal subject matter experts, and external Third Parties to execute the BNY Mellon TPG program key deliverables and strategic objectives.
· Coordinates with senior business leaders who serve as Executive Sponsors for key vendors to oversee and manage their third party engagements.
· This leader is well versed in the details of specific high and moderate risk engagements while simultaneously managing the broader list of vendors
· Manages any audit (internal or regulatory) or risk item that touches Third Party Governance process for that respective LOB or corporate function
· Ensures vendor risk exposures are accurately measured and reported, escalating issues to the relevant internal partner or subject matter expert to develop an appropriate remediation plan.
· Ensures that Engagement Managers are qualified for the role and provide feedback on performance, as appropriate
· Leads the development of ongoing monitoring activities and protocols with vendor relationships, bringing transparency to the residual risks of any engagements.
· Provides guidance and consulting on all third party governance, oversight, and risk mitigation and will serve as a strategic advisor for a portfolio of vendors.
· Maintains accurate risk profile reporting and dashboards, sharing the results with key stakeholders across the business, and escalating to senior management as appropriate.
· Coordinates business reviews for top vendors on a regular basis, enabling Engagement Managers to better manage vendor performance.
· Ensures training is completed by all appropriate employees
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. 12-15 years of total work experience, with 3-5 years of management experience, preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85241
Organization: BNY Mellon CAO-HR16507
Requisition Number: 1908515