BNY Mellon Careers
Primary Responsibilities EB CIO
- To act in the capacity of CIO of BNY Mellon SA/NV (hereunder The European Bank or the EB) reporting to the COO (direct reporting line) of the European Bank and to act in the capacity of Senior Technology Risk Officer (1st LoD) reporting to the Head of Technology Risk and Control (dual solid reporting line)
- Main duties & responsibilities EB CIO:
- To provide vision and leadership to define and execute a sustainable technology strategy and resilient operating model for the European Bank, including its Branches, in consideration of the vision and strategic direction of the BNY Mellon Group.
- To ensure, in conjunction with BNYM Technology organisation, that a suitable EB organisational structure is in place for all the key technology functions as well as appropriate succession plans. Encourage and facilitate the development of talent.
- To maintain effective systems and procedures for outsourcing oversight governance in accordance with the EB’s Outsourcing Policy and all relevant regulatory requirements.
- To define and agree the service levels and required management information in relation to outsourced Technology services, to ensure the oversight is conducted in a prudent and controlled manner, to challenge the service provider on key issues, and to ensure the quality, timeliness and appropriateness of those services.
- To ensure the interests of the EB are adequately represented in the wider BNYM Technology organisation.
- To act as the EB’s IT senior executive and represent EB Technology with all relevant regulators, government entities and clients. To promote BNYM Digital internally and publicly and to sponsor the Innovation Centre initiatives.
- To report to the EB’s Risk Management Committee, Executive Committee and Board all key matters relating to Technology.
- To act as the escalation point for Technology related issues and to track and communicate incident response to all EB levels.
- To ensure that excessive risk is not taken and identify areas of concern and that the EB stays within the Risk Appetite as defined and approved by the EB’s Board.
- To oversee adoption and consistent implementation within EB of standard BNYM IT processes, tools and techniques.
- To encourage/ensure excellent communication and collaboration with other entities of the Group.
- In meeting your responsibilities outlined above you are also a member of the following BNYM Committees/Fora:
- Key Risk Review Forum
- Global Risk Leadership Table
- Monthly/Quarterly Audit Review
Primary Responsibilities BNYM Senior Technology Risk Officer
Main duties & responsibilities BNYM Senior Technology Risk Officer:
- To act as a senior team member in a group that focuses on identifying, analyzing, monitoring, reporting, and minimizing information technology risks within the BNYM CIO’s business area.
- To support the Head of Technology Risk and Control Integration in advising the BNYM CIO in all technology risk matters.
- To assist the Head of Technology Risk and Control Integration in supporting the BNYM CIO in gathering information and preparing for all tech risk related reporting and meetings, i.e. internal and external audit, regulatory interaction, as well as the Key Risk Review and related meetings. Supports the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and High Level Assessment (HLA) processes for the BNYM CIO.
- To assist the Head of Technology Risk and Control Integration in the issuance and exception/acceptance processes for BNYM CIO, including self reported issues.
- To participate in application architecture and design activities, ensuring a control-driven approach to design and development, included “baked-in” automated control measurement and monitoring.
- To represent and facilitate the work of the Technology Risk and Control group areas: Risk Framework, Risk Identification and Treatment, Risk Reporting and Intelligence, Regulatory Relations and Exams, Risk Advisory, and Risk Automation.
- To connect the BNYM CIO’s organization to technology risk expertise.
- To ensure that risk mitigation from policy to the Unified Control Framework is adhered to.
- To participate in setting the standards and practices of the Senior Technology Risk Officer (SIRO) and IRO community.
- As a manager, it is your role to identify potential issues and manage performance..
- As a manager it is a requirement of your role to ensure that each member of your team is competent to perform their role. You should ensure all staff have suitable development plans in place, allow your staff time to attend training sessions and stress the importance of training in their roles.
- Demonstrable capability of leading a Technology organisation - including experience of building and transformation
- Experience of an international, multi-cultural / multi jurisdiction environment is essential.
- Experience as a CIO or Head of Technology within a small- medium sized bank or within a subsidiary of a bulge bracket firm
- Thorough understanding of Technology services and the regulatory environment within Europe.
- Ability to establish a vision and strategy for Technology and translate into an executable plan
- Knowledge of European markets and, in particular, the EU regulatory environment
- High self-motivator
- Goal oriented
- Judgment - able to balance a variety of factors to achieve optimal outcome
- Ability to influence, collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners
- High level of impact and presence
- Disciplined - promotes the value of control and applies control principles and practices
- Experienced in dealing with the Regulators and demonstrates an understanding of corporate governance requirements
- An outstanding team leader who engages the team with enthusiasm and excitement about the business whilst being realistic about the EB's capabilities and constraints - able to create a sense of shared purpose and focus; strong development and coaching skills
- Relationship and confidence building capabilities with internal and external stakeholders
- Capability to effectively advise clients on technology related topics at a senior level
- Bachelors or higher degree in a computer engineering related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required. ISACA certifications are preferred.
- 10+ years’ mixed experience in application development, computer architecture, and technology/information risk required. Supervisory or management experience required. Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60350
Organization: EMEA Area Management-HR06761
Requisition Number: 1908550