BNY Mellon Careers
Transfer Agency Manager - Service Delivery Manager
The Transfer Agency (TA) division is responsible for providing the services and administration outlined in Client Service Level Agreements, within agreed parameters and applicable regulations and corporate policy. The main functions administered are to effect the dealing instructions on behalf of investors for the products outsourced by our management companies, to ensure an accurate register, and provide all necessary oversight and control services associated with these products.
The departments within TA include: Treasury (Reconciliations & Settlements); Distributions Statements and Mailings; Business Change; Communications Centre; Servicing; Business Oversight; Register Servicing, Broker Admin and Transaction Control; Service Delivery; Dealing and Box Management; Management Accounts; Business Recovery; Financial Crime and AML; Middle Office; DC Pensions; Client Service Centre; and Document Management Centre.
The Service Delivery team are responsible for handling queries and managing the day to day relationships with Management Company representatives. This will cover any aspect of the Transfer Agency business process and procedures and will involve a high level of communication with the management companies and our operational areas, to ensure that responses are provided in a timely manner, working to some tight deadlines. Where deadlines are not achievable we will need to meet Management Company’s and the key Institutional client’s expectations.
• To develop and maintain day to day proactive and professional service delivery.
• To ensure maximum satisfaction from the services provided by BNY Mellon Transfer Agency.
• To maintain awareness of operational issues, ensuring effective and professional communication between relevant parties to achieve resolution.
To actively manage and develop the day to day relationships, maintaining regular contact with the Client , acting as liaison with clients and operational areas, this will include but not be restricted to:
• Liaise with clients, investors, trustees, auditors, third parties and other departments on operational and administrative issues to ensure client expectations are met and any queries/ concerns / issues are identified, tracked and resolved.
• Co-ordinate resolution of issues acting as the central point of contact for problem definitions, actions required, timelines, resource and delivery.
• Provide effective reporting, both internally and externally covering KPIs, issues logs etc including the collation, validation analysis and presentation of information.
• Communication of issues and service failures to management as required.
• Monitor activity and departmental processes to ensure adherence to service levels, procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Maintain accurate records regarding client issues and activity through the escalation or query logs.
• The accurate and timely preparation of the client monthly and ad-hoc invoices and their payment.
• Analyse key trend indicators and identifying steps available to the Company or the Client that would bring about improvements in efficiencies and quality levels
• Manage production and dissemination of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and ensure client engagement in the monthly review meetings.
• Support Manager of Service Delivery as directed.
• Manage day to day relationship primarily between BNYM and Client.
• Manage the collation of all escalation & query logging, providing regular analysis on volumes and trends
• Manage communication of events and issues to client oversight/compliance team in accordance to documented escalation matrix and associated follow up/tracking
• Deliver monthly KPI reporting & commentary to agreed turnaround
• Oversee all regular and bespoke reporting in accordance to SLA
• Support the Manager of Service Delivery / Senior Service Delivery Manager’s with all required business changes and development as defined by the Client and ensure that essential costings for such changes are both accurate and timely
• Provide local BNYM representation to the Client presenting a professional approach at all times and ensuring that risks to both BNYM and the Client are minimised.
• Contribute to the provision of benchmarking data in order to project confidence in the service provided
• Deliver all internal revenue reporting requirements
• Negotiate locally to ensure outcome provides for client satisfaction and BNY financial requirements
• Demonstrate the shared values of the organisation (Client Focus, Trust, Teamwork and Outperformance) and the application of TCF.
• Demonstrate personal responsibility for escalating and resolving concerns/incidents in line with TA Escalation Guidelines and TA Incident Escalation and Management process.
In addition to the core competencies of Communication Skills, Decision-making and Accountability, Flexibility and Adaptability and Managing Risk the associate should show an aptitude for:
• Building Organisational Talent
• Change Leadership
• Client Orientation
• Developing Partnerships
• Driving Execution
• Operational Decision Making
• Global Acumen
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
• A good understanding of the investment operations including business processing and regulatory activities
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
• Customer service focus
• Flexible and adaptable and promotes change effectively
• Effective management and record keeping of invoices & rate card impacts
• Recognition of opportunities for new service costs
• Maintains own project hours & other chargeable events
• Good attention to detail
• Strong desire for excellent with a conscientious approach
• Proactive nature
• Self starter
• Well organised and focused in order to meet tight deadlines and client expectations
• Effective team worker
• Demonstrates flexibility
• Demonstrates a strong client service ethic
• Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills
• Ability to operate across functional and divisional boundaries, including at senior level
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Leinster-Wexford
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70103
Organization: Transfer Agency Operation EMEA-HR07268
Requisition Number: 1908660