BNY Mellon Careers
Manager, Fund/Client Accounting (Tax Transparent Fund)
The Tax Transparent Fund (TTF) team has been established to support the growth of BNYM’s TTF operations as well as supporting the ongoing development of the Tax Transparent Fund Engine. This is a complex product with complex Fund Accounting, Tax, Financial Reporting, and regulatory requirements. The TTF team Manager will own the TTF operation and will lead the service delivered by the TTF team. In addition to supporting the ongoing development of the TTFE engine, the manager is required to support the on-boarding of new TTF business and the ongoing servicing of that business. He/she is responsible for the scheduling of User Acceptance Testing, designing and managing operational flows, and ensuring that the necessary controls are in place to provide a high standard of service to our TTF clients.
Supporting Ongoing Development of TTF Engine:
- Develop deep understanding of TTF requirements including Fund Accounting, Tax reporting, Financial reporting and other complex reporting requirements
- Manage User Acceptance testing of TTFE functionality ensuring high quality testing is completed including stress tests and complex scenario tests
- Ensure enhancements to TTFE engine meet client and operational team requirements
- Ensure UAT procedures are in place and are followed by the UAT team. Ensure appropriate records are maintained to meet audit requirements
- Build strong working relationships with developers, subject matter experts and other key players in the TTFE development project
- Provide senior stakeholders and management with appropriate updates, metrics and data to assist with scheduling, prioritisation and status reporting
- Review work of more junior colleagues and research and resolves errors.
- Support team in a hands-on manner to ensure team deliverables are met. Remain close to detail, and ensure high quality solution is delivered
Provision of TTF services:
- Lead the onboarding of new TTF business ensuring appropriate controls and procedures are in place to meet client deliverables
- Ensure the necessary controls are in place and adhered to in order to provide complete, accurate and timely TTF services to our clients. Such responsibility includes adherence by all team members to BNY Mellon Operations Procedures Manual and to the client service level agreements (SLAs).
- Ensure SLAs are in place with internal service and data providers, ensuring high standards of service are set and maintained.
- Ensure the accounting records of TTF client funds are accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Ensure delivery of Client reporting to agreed standards and timetables.
- Maintain/update client standing files including client-specific procedures (detailing client-agreed deviations from or additions to standard procedures contained in the Procedures Manual) on a timely basis and ensure existing and new procedures agreed with our clients are formally communicated to the necessary staff as soon as required.
- Ensure team and process performance is measured and tracked, with appropriate metrics created to support continuous improvement of people and processes
- Become SME on BNYM’s TTF service and act as owner of ongoing development of product
Other areas of responsibility include:
- Relationship management
- Human resources issues
- Monitoring of quality control
- Management of IT issues
- Management reporting/Financial control
- Conversion projects
- Extensive work experience in Financial Services required, preferably in multinational organisation. Experience in Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Tax Accounting would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on projects in a team environment as well as managing daily client deliverables
- Proven process and team management skills
- Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to consistently meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Ability to collate, interpret and present relevant metrics to senior decision makers
- Strong organisational, inter-personal, communication and presentation skills.
- Proven skills in strategic planning and analysis for administration operations.
- Ability to lead subordinates and develop/mentor staff
- Energetic, hands-on and detail orientated
What we can offer you
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70506
Organization: Glb Fund Accnt & Fund Admin-HR13984
Requisition Number: 1908738