BNY Mellon Careers
Relationship Manager - Vice-President level - Dubai
The role holder will act as the focal point day-to-day point of contact between the Asset Servicing clients and various BNY Mellon operational units, ensuring a coordinated and the timely resolution of client issues., In addition to this, the successful candidate will be expected to support the regional team in helping in identifying commercial opportunities in order to support the growth in of the business whilst minimising the potential for risk and reputational and financial loss in the inherent process. Responsible for daily queries, working closely with the Service Directors and local MENA team. Ability to carry out market analysis is essential and an established network would be advantageous. Coordinating and owning any client issues through to resolution with internal teams (Client Services, Revenues team, Account Opening etc.). In addition, assisting in service reviews, reporting, project management and KYC process, as needed. To prioritise tasks according to volumes, complexity, sensitivity and risk. Act as a team player within the virtual wider MENA CIS relationship management team and within the department. Will report directly to the Head of MENA Asset Servicing.
The role will focus on clients in the MENA region and will have a dual office location initially (Dubai and Abu Dhabi), although it may eventually become more required to spend more time in Abu Dhabi, depending on the focus and client allocation.
- Co-ordinate the provision of high quality services to internal and external clients ensuring effective issue resolution and maintenance of and an in-depth understanding of client expectations so that client satisfaction and service excellence can be continuously enhanced.
- Respond to client queries and issues raised with the team or by the client directly, ensuring that regular updates to both internal and external clients are provided, in order to facilitate confidence in BNY Mellon and assist in its continued growth
Tone from the Top
Work collaboratively and on a timely basis with the team and all other internal counterparties to review issues, conduct root-cause analysis and implement remediation activities emanating from operating incidents and near-miss events.
Risk Competence & Knowledge
- Understand the key operational risks and the associated controls applicable to the Business Unit and follow all Business Unit operational procedures and other directive controls (e.g. checklists) as designed. Any identified issues or changes should be escalated to Managers.
- Ensure that risk issues (both current and emerging) are escalated promptly to managers, including:
- Gaps or issues identified within the Business Unit controls;
- Errors or potential errors/near-misses;
- Other risk issues (including non-responses to queries, manual process intervention
The Senior Role is about demonstrating the positive behaviours of an accomplished client facing individual.
Provide support to other colleagues and as needed within the function of the team and as per client needs.
Provide point of escalation in support of the Account Manager/Service Director.
- The successful candidate will be a good problem solver and ideally, have previous a minimum of 14 years’ experience in Client facing roles (particularly in global custody) and demonstrate senior behaviours of accountability and responsibility, taking ownership of the tasks allocated and showing a proactive approach towards the client and the team.
- Excellent Communication skills, Strong Client Service Ethics, Risk Management, attention to detail and Client Focus. The ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and act as an advocate on behalf of both internal and external clients.
- Experience of working in the Middle East and with Middle East clients is highly advantageous.
- Experience of using Windows applications, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level (or equivalent)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Dubai
Job: Customer/Client Service
Internal Jobcode: 79019
Organization: AS Global Front Office-HR16987
Requisition Number: 1908794