BNY Mellon Careers
Junior Service Director (Specialist Relationship Management)
The Junior Service Director (70060, Specialist Relationship Management) supports one or more Service Directors in their day to day activities for their assigned client(s). He/she will also work closely with the RMs and will be responsible for assisting in managing the day to day operational tasks of a group of clients as outlined below.
The Service Director (SD) is responsible for closely managing the day-to-day operations of a select group of clients. This client base typically includes firms that are large fund managers, insurance companies, banks, pension funds and other like businesses. In this capacity, the incumbent will assist closely monitoring daily operational and system workflows to ensure proper service levels are maintained or exceeded. They are expected to have a deep understanding of all products and services provided to a client. They participate in critical decisions about servicing, highlight opportunities for improvement and recommend enhancements to the operating model.
The German SD team currently consists of Service Directors and SD Support staff, located in both Frankfurt and Breda (the Netherlands). Together with the RMs, the team covers between 25-30 clients in Germany, Switzerland and the CEE region.
• Close monitoring of daily operational and system workflows to ensure proper service levels are maintained or exceeded.
• Cooperation with the SDs and RMs to ensure deployment of new business opportunities and will look for ongoing ways to continuously improve the relationship and service model.
• Work on client matters that require escalation dependent on the nature of the issue.
• Traverse a broad base of global service teams to ensure clients are served exceptionally.
• Must work through multiple client issues at varying levels of complexity.
• Is fully engaged in all matters related to the client, from routine service issue escalation to new product roll-outs. In order to be effective in the execution of such a broad range of responsibilities, the Junior SD must be integrated with all servicing teams providing products and services to the clients. In this manner, the Junior SD would monitor that all of the global service teams are performing their daily activities effectively and that we are meeting our service commitments. They must effectively balance the dual goals of meeting service delivery commitments, while ensuring that BNY Mellon is in full compliance with all regulatory requirements.
• The Junior SD will liaise with the SD and RM and other operational constituents with leading the client through the on-boarding process. Jointly they will guide the client through the Business Acceptance process, which is designed to ensure that all internal constituents fully appreciate the client’s business requirements and that the appropriate controls and resources are in place around new business.
• Partner with the Implementation teams to develop a highly customized process designed to successfully launch a multiple product business relationship.
• Continually evaluate client needs and ensure sustained client engagement.
• Billing and Debtor management
• Support SD ensuring client on-boarding and/or risk management activities are conducted and captured (KYC, BAC, AML etc.).
• (Annual) Service Level Agreement renewal
• General Administration which includes:
o Support for Service Director Dashboard
o Contract and SLA/SLD administration and maintenance Support SD in preparation for Internal “Global Forums” (e.g. FA, TA, Custody, Billing etc.) through review of Dashboard including follow up with SDs where Dashboard data / commentary is incomplete;
o Follow up on any client queries re Workbench / Apollo set up with CTDS;
o Support SD regarding Due Diligence questionnaires, logistics and preparation for due diligence meetings including (client Internal Audit), 1st line review of monthly service reports, quarterly board reports (SD would have final sign off);
o Support where collation of information /data internally may be required for Internal Project Teams mainly regulatory driven (LCR, CAP, CASS);
o Collate Middle Office KPIs (specific to Middle Office Outsourcing clients);
o ENGAGE maintenance (call reports & client contacts);
o Run Client Specific reports / support Client Specific procedures (e.g. interest rate overview etc.).
• Process Change Management requests
• Assist in client training, sharing of market information/experience.
• May assist with prospecting new clients in a similar industry or segment of existing clients.
• Promote firm services/product offerings that solve client challenges..
• May be assigned as owner/expert of a particular process or product.
• Research and analyze the business environment of assigned clients, industry trends and competitor services/offerings.
• Core competencies of Communication Skills, Decision-making and Accountability, Flexibility and Adaptability and Managing Risk
• Personal Organization
• Work Quality/Attention to Detail
• Problem Solving
• Job Proficiency
• Initiative/Sense of Urgency
• Risk Awareness
• Fluent in English and German
• Advanced Excel for data analysis
• Thorough knowledge of Global Custody markets and products
• Academic/ Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
• Knowledge of various BNYM systems will be the attitude
Proven custody or fund management experience (3-5 years), preferably performing a client-facing role. Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product (Hedge, Pension, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in Relationship Management, Client Services or Account Management. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business. As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Internal Jobcode: 70101
Organization: Service Directors-HR16351
Requisition Number: 1908815