BNY Mellon Careers
Senior SOC Analyst
As a Senior SOC Analyst, you will be given the opportunity to join a team of security analysts using both traditional and unconventional ways to detect, analyze, and mitigate potential intrusions and other security incidents. The candidate will join a team currently responsible for providing investigative response for security events including but not limited to intrusion detection, malware infections, denial of service attacks, privileged account misuse and network breaches. Candidates must be willing to work in a SOC environment, demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, have experience in various toolsets and best practices, able to critically think, and allow for flexible scheduling.
- 3:00PM-11:00PM, Tuesday-Saturday (Limited scheduling flexibility available)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Providing first level response for security events including but not limited to intrusion detection, malware infections, denial of service attacks, privileged account misuse and network breaches. The event management includes triage, correlation and enrichment of individual events to either rule out as false positive, trigger standard detective and corrective responses, or escalating as a security incident.
- Improving the service level for security operations and monitoring. Creating and maintaining system documentation for security event processing. Expands the usage of security monitoring tools to improve the security of the environment based on business use cases or changes in threat landscape, root causes from security incident response, or output from security analytics
- Configuring and monitoring Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform for security alerts. Integrate and work with the firm’s Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) services
- Providing reporting and metrics around security monitoring by designing dashboards for asset owners and management consumption. Leveraging existing technologies within the organization to expand the scope of coverage of the security monitoring service.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. Industry certifications such as CISSP or GCIH a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Minimum three years of security monitoring experience and incident response activities; preferably within a professional services firm or similar environment
- Understanding of network, desktop and server technologies, including experience with network intrusion methods, network containment, segregation techniques and technologies such as Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS)
- Experience with SIEM technologies, log management tools, security analytics platforms, and forensic offerings
- Experience with malware analysis, virus exploitation and mitigation techniques
- Strong knowledge of incident response and crisis management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with fraud monitoring, data leakage prevention, and privileged access monitoring a plus Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60155
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1908845