BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Fund/Client Accounting
- Conducts accounting services on behalf of assigned clients and complex funds including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses and preparing reports.
- May lead work of junior team members for assigned client or fund.
- Performs highly complex Fund/Client Accounting responsibilities in the areas of driving Service Improvement plans, targeting efficiencies, enhancing processes and specialist review functions.
- Provides input into methodologies and checks complex work done by more junior team members.
- Provides guidance and reviews work related to cash and asset reconciliations relating to complex accounts or transactions.
- Resolves reconciliation of accounts for the most complex or atypical transactions and reviews work of junior team members.
- Drafts reports for clients regarding the performance of highly complex funds. Provides guidance on report structure.
- Regularly interacts with clients in answering questions and resolving multifaceted issues regarding fund reports and accounting processes.
- Evaluates GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members.
- May be tasked with Team Lead responsibilities.
- May have people management responsibilities in some geographies. Contributes to the achievement of related teams objectives.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70507
Organization: AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1908909