BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Infrastructure Operations Analyst
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have the most reliable, nimble, and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place.
As part of TSG, our Production Services team is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Their mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you.
The Senior DBA, Infrastructure Operations, has primary responsibility for delivering a scalable and reliable data platform that supports BNY Mellon’s Digital Platform and Applications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Works with firm-wide engineering and architecture, and business/AD architects to drive solution standardization and reuse for Data Management Infrastructure Operations.
- Provide secure, highly available, scalable database services that improve overall resiliency, functionality, and enable operational management optimization.
- Troubleshoot new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed database technology, and deliver large scale systems that will have an impact on revenue growth on our business and competitive position.
- Oracle Standard (stand-alone) and Advanced platforms, SQL Server (Standard pattern) available in Greenfield
- Guardium monitoring capability available on all Greenfield databases
- IRIS monitoring available for all SQL Server, Sybase, UDB installations, including Brownfield
- SQL Server Advanced (HA) pattern with large DB capability and SSRS/SSIS, PostgreSQL available in Greenfield
- Key management for Oracle DB encryption
- Database patch automation for SQL Server and Oracle Standard pattern
- Self-service database import/export and restore capability
- Sybase, UDB, Vertica, MongoDB available in Greenfield
- Multi-AZ solutions for Oracle and SQL Server
- Self-service DML/DDL automation
- DBaaS integration with Storefront
- Oracle DB authentication via Kerberos
- DB patch automation for Oracle Advanced pattern
Principal Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Advises specialists on areas to focus installation and support efforts. Works with the Senior Principal to ensure operations are consistent with LOB and organization wide goals. Identifies and solves highly complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Participates in software strategic planning and consulting on platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Tracks installations, modifications, and support efforts to ensure goals are being met. Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Provides consulting expertise in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles highly complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Manages relationships with vendors and works with them to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Responsible for budget activity.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of related infrastructure experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of IT infrastructure, with an understanding of systems and network administration.
- Experience supporting and implementing advanced, strategic database management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to drive Agile development and implement automated process to improve database system reliability.
- Proven ability to provide high availability, operations supportability and scalability to a high volume, rapidly growing world class eCommerce business.
- Direct experience in working within the database administration teams for large-scale enterprise that are highly scalable and reliable.
- Technical acumen in implementation and support of the core database services that are highly reliable, flexible, scalable and cost effective.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45196
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1909041