Job Title: Senior Administrator, Transfer Agency Department: Transfer Agency, Reporting to: Supervisor, Transfer Agency Location: Luxembourg
This role involves the administration of Transfer Agency Services. The primary objectives of the role of a Senior Administrator are quality customer service and communication, accurate input and processing of investor data on TA systems, maintenance of shareholder register, completing anti-money laundering checks on shareholder accounts and other daily administrative tasks. In addition, the Senior Administrator is expected to be involved in more complex tasks or projects appropriate to their level of experience.
• Deliver high quality service to customers, both internally and externally, through timely and accurate completion of all tasks assigned. Ensure any queries from shareholders and clients are handled in a professional way and a professional relationship is maintained with the client at all times. Ensure the shareholder telephone line is answered professionally within 3 rings.
• Timely completion of work allocated by your Supervisor in an accurate fashion and within agreed deadlines.
• Completion of daily checklists/test scripts accurately for all tasks assigned to you.
• Prepare any weekly / monthly reporting required, and pass on to the Supervisor for review.
• Prepare incident reports and update logs within the appropriate timeframe for review by your Supervisor.
• Ensure all paperwork is filed on a daily basis in an organised manner to facilitate easy retrieval and review when necessary.
• Keep Supervisor informed of any issues that may affect the completion of your duties within the agreed deadlines as soon as they arise, to ensure prompt resolution.
• Notify Supervisor advised of progress and highlight to Supervisor any concerns or complaints as a matter of urgency.
• Take responsibility for self development in order to continually improve your performance on the team. This can be achieved by participating in cross training on various funds to enhance productivity of the Transfer Agency department.
• Identify areas where improvements can be made on the team and identify any training that is required to achieve this. Communicate requirements to Supervisor.
• Provide holiday and sick leave cover for other team members as required by Supervisor.
• Share knowledge within team / department
• Adhere to BNY Mellon standard procedures and controls in accordance with the relevant Transfer Agency Departmental Procedures Manual.
• Be familiar with and adhere to all corporate policies and procedures including the HR Manual and the Clear Desk policy. Ensure completion of all Web Based regulatory training within agreed timeframe.
• Gain an understanding of all output reports produced on a daily /weekly / monthly basis. • Gain an understanding of complex tasks and seek to bring to a timely close. • Actively participate at team meetings and assist in minute taking. • Perform the role of ‘buddy’ to assigned new Junior Administrators in the team, providing support and guidance as required. • Assist the Supervisor in identifying any training requirements for the Junior Administrator on your team. • Accurately review any work that may be assigned to you by your Supervisor / Assistant Manager
Registration Team Specific
• The timely and accurate set up of all new shareholders accounts to the TA system in line with Departmental procedures and Client SLA.
• The timely and accurate review and processing of all shareholder standing data requests to the TA system, in line with Departmental procedures and Client SLA
• Timely preparation of all daily dividend reconciliations with Fund Accounting Team. Where deviations occur, escalate to your Supervisor and seek to understand root cause for the discrepancy.
• Assist in the timely completion of Regulatory reporting
Dealing Team Specific
• Effectively monitor the receipt of all trades to include fax, post, trade platforms, and file transfers (FTP’s). • Complete daily Lane Fax check when requested, in order to verify that all trades received via fax have being processed correctly. • Participate in the completion of the daily trade capture process. • Input deals received from investors timely and accurately to the TA system in line with Departmental procedures. Ensure late trades or partial trades are escalated to your Supervisor immediately. • Generate all daily dealing reports timely and accurate and pass to Supervisor for review and authorization. • Prepare any weekly / monthly reporting required, and pass to the Supervisor for review. • Prepare daily prediction and intra-day cash flow reports to clients and Fund Managers for review by your Supervisor. • Input prices and factors to the TA system accurately and print off relevant reports and pass to the Supervisor for review and authorization. • Print off and arrange dispatch of contract notes by fax, email or post as required under client service level agreement (SLA). • Accurately prepare and file all daily dealing packs in preparation for offsite dispatch. • Understand and adhere to all Department procedures • Adhere to all Corporate policies • Ensure Regulatory coursework and assigned training is completed timely. • Ensure all checklists are completed accurately and timely • Ensure the central client telephone line is answered professionally within 3 rings (if applicable). • Seek to identify and own queries and provide an accurate response to clients within the set out timeframes.
Cash Team Specific
• Ensure all trade reports are extracted from the TA systems and reviewed prior to creating payment instructions. • Ensure all payments and pre-advices are processed accurately and in accordance with the applicable currency deadlines. • Ensure all trades are settled on the TA systems. • Perform all cash reconciliations across all subscription accounts that fall under your responsibility and ensure narratives are clear and up to date. • With Supervisor approval, where a reconciliation is completed by the Junior Administrator to be first reviewed by you • Notify any reconciliations discrepancies to the Supervisor as soon as they occur. • Initiate cash investigations with BNY Mellon Brussels, London and New York. • Ensure follow-up is constantly performed on all outstanding items with the relevant responsible areas and contacts. • Draft the client specific outstanding cash issues logs within the agreed client service level agreement (SLA) for review by your supervisor. • Draft any interest claims for review by your Supervisor. • Respond to cash and reconciliation Client/Custody/Valuation related queries in a timely manner. • Responsibility for ensuring that the weekly KRI figures are updated accurately & provided to the Assistant Manager for review on time. • Prepare monthly management information system (MIS) reporting for clients and pass to Assistant Manager for review in a timely manner. • Complete testing or revised processes and/or automation.
Business Support Specific
• Assume responsibility for projects assigned. • Liaise with Operational and Technical Team members to identify appropriate testing data and prepare that data for test cases. • Develop and maintain test scripts for new or enhanced system applications and functionalities based upon business requirements and processes and in line with defined workflows. • Process test transactions from system entry to exit. • Perform integration and regression testing. • Document and report test strategies, plans, cases and findings. • Track testing progress on a daily basis by logging all issues encountered and escalating as appropriate. • Assist systems developers and other Support Team members in tracking and resolving test issues identified. • Assist in the preparation and maintenance of functional and technical documentation including, but not limited to, User Manuals. • Ensure testing deliverables are compliant with company methodology.
Essential skills: • Oral and written communication skills. • Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. • Customer service focus and delivery. • Strong numerical ability and analytical skills. • Self-motivation skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. • Interpersonal skills. • Problem solving • Procedural knowledge • Concern for Quality/Accuracy and Attention to Detail At least 1 year’s experience in the Fund Administration Industry would be desirable.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Luxembourg-Luxembourg-Luxembourg
Internal Jobcode: 70609
Organization: Transfer Agency Operation EMEA-HR07268
Requisition Number: 1909056