BNY Mellon Careers
Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance function that employs a systematic, risk-based approach to the review and evaluation of the adequacy, effectiveness, and sustainability of risk management procedures, internal control systems, information systems, and governance systems and processes. Internal Audit has free and unrestricted access to execute its function as it relates to the Company's books, records, documents, personnel (including the Board of Directors), and physical properties. Internal Audit has no direct operational responsibility or authority over any of the activities they review, but does follow up on audit issues to ensure remedial action is taken when necessary.
Performing risk-focused fieldwork, in accordance with Internal Audit policies, methodologies, and standards in order to identify meaningful issues, risks and other exposures in the area of the company being audited or reviewed. Shadows and deputizes for Audit Senior, in preparation for managing audit projects and conducting more complex audits.
- Tests operational and other processes as per Audit. Conducts risk-focused audits that can have a negative impact on business continuity and makes conclusions on the level of residual risk. Appropriately analyzes control environments and develops effective audit steps to test controls where necessary in line with new methodology. Owns sections of the audit program and brings them to completion. Engages in Continuous Monitoring activities.
- Uses knowledge of financial institutions and all applicable regulatory requirements on a day to day basis. Learns business strategies, processes, and regulations (both on the job and through relevant training) and is alert to the changing nature of risk. Demonstrates newly acquired knowledge and skills through, for example, thoughtful analysis of business processes and issue identification, as well as discussions with the project leader and audits.
- Capable of creating and maintaining accurate and clear work documents, completing tasks on time, on budget, and accurately, and quickly learning new businesses, processes, and regulations. Has built a foundational understanding of core concepts in data analytics, relevant technology, the regulatory environment, the financial services industry, project management and business processes and can integrate these concepts into audit processes.
- Develops relationships with the Audit Project Leader, other Audit associates, and auditees. Understands the sensitive nature of confidential information and uses it appropriately. Elevates potential audit issues to the Auditor In Charge as soon as they are identified. Has demonstrated ability to articulate difficult concepts to others, adapting communication methods/approaches as necessary.
- Applies solid judgement and analytical skills, contributing to the development of innovative solutions to complex problems. Identifies inconsistencies with the control environment, regulatory requirements and best practices and initiates the development of a structure or solution to address the issue(s). Identifies opportunities for the use of automation and makes recommendations for software support requests.
- Compiles audit information for the purpose of reporting to senior management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant critical thinking specialty such as MIS, DIS, Computer Science, Mathematics preferred.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred.
- Prior experience in Audit or other relevant specialty (Risk, Compliance, Embedded Control) area preferred.
- Additional core skill requirements include understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking and problem solving.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85001
Organization: Audit International-HR07989
Requisition Number: 1909130