BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Programme & Project Management - EMEA Digital
Principal, Programme & Project Management - EMEA Digital
Who we are
For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $15 billion in revenues and market capitalization of approximately $50 billion.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
• Managing the custody of over $31 trillion financial assets of the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
• Investing over $1.8 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
• Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise
• Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager ($250 billion assets)
• Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.8 trillion in client assets)
• Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
• Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion)
In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums.
The Digital Team:
The Digital Office is at the forefront of BNY Mellon’s digital transformation and offers the opportunity to work with senior digital leaders across the firm. Launched in 2018, the Digital Office works across all BNY Mellon lines of business to address client priorities and regulatory concerns. As a result, candidates who join will work with a truly cross-functional team to re-imagine challenging business problems and build new solutions. Through this, candidates will gain tangible experience in new digital ways of working and problem solving, using data to drive decision making. Collectively, this will broaden their understanding of the firm and make them a stronger digitally-capable candidate that will enable them to serve as the next generation of BNY Mellon senior leaders.
What are we looking for:
The team is currently expanding its footprint in EMEA and looking at hiring “a digital principal”. The EMEA Digital Principal will be among the first members, and will play a significant role in designing, planning and delivering the digital priorities and strategy for the EMEA region.
Selected Individual will play a critical role in the transformation of our company in the EMEA region– often through agile means – into the digital leaders of the future. The role will be varied and challenging, reflecting the disruption our company and clients face and the pace of change they must address.
The role will be aligned with different digital horizons and function initiatives, including, Digital Partnership, Core Digitization, Digital Business Development, Client Journey re-Imagination, development of new technology and delivery.
Select Activities may include:
• Work with senior digital leads to develop, run and maintain the Digital roadmap including responsibility for maintaining momentum for the delivery of milestones.
• Identify new digital business opportunities by having a strong client orientation, working closely with individual business and functional leaders and by assessing strategic evolution of our industry
• Work with senior business leaders to define, rethink and implement prioritized client journey reimagination activities with the intent of redefining the client experience and delivery.
• Help developing new digital products and businesses that will generate additional sources of revenue and increased profitability for the firm
• Coordinate with experts in digital solutions (e.g., artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics and blockchain), to identify use cases to accelerate the banks use of new technologies and the use of digital assets.
• Develop and manage relationships with the outside fintech ecosystem that includes venture capital, startups, mature technology, peers and our clients seeking to engage with BNYM.
• To support complex analytical deliverables including investment business cases and modelling
• Hands on experience in driving digital strategy, process improvement and re-thinking customer experience
• Understanding of digital trends and Fintech landscape,
• Although this is not an IT role, there is a preference for those who has IT/ digital consultancy related working experience and knowledge of,
at least one strategic emerging technology: Machine Learning, AI, IoT, Virtual Reality, Blockchain, RPA,
DevOps (Jira, Confluence) and cloud computing (e.g. AWS, Azure...)
Any Programming language such as C, Python, R,
• Ability to work in ambiguity and draw insights from broad data sources
• Being entrepreneurial, self-directed and result oriented
• Able to build networks and business relationships
• Experience in leading client presentations and workshops
• Understanding of project development lifecycles (i.e. Agile, Design thinking)
• Thorough understanding of the EMEA region and ecosystem.
• Multiple EMEA languages is preferred.
• Ideally10-12 years of working experience
• MBA or other Advanced Degree is preferred
• Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred
• Strong PowerPoint capabilities preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 70183
Organization: Digital Delivery-HR18007
Requisition Number: 1909233