BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Data Strategy - Data Quality Management Lead
An information technology-focused role, individuals are aligned with a function and responsible for the safe custody, transport and storage of the data and implementation of business rules in support of metering. Ensures data custody, transport and storage is in sync across the organization and with data governance policies and meeting the same enterprise-level goals. Maintains the extraction processes from source system to the functional data environment and ensures the infrastructure is capable of supporting data programs to run metrics and monitor quality. Manages all data transferred from source systems into the functional data environment. Consults with other data governance colleagues to identify data tiers, definitions, and business rules in support of data tiering and data metering. Ensures the integrity of data extraction, transformation and loading processes within the function, including tools used to process data movement between the staging area and data marts. Manages the functional data environment, including architecture, technology, performance, change management, continuity/availability and security/access. Manages data products, including production of dashboards senior managements use in reporting. Interfaces and builds relationships with function managers to ensure their adherence to data governance principles and proper functioning of dashboards. No direct reports. Provide work guidance to more junior team members. Contributes to the achievement of functional objectives.
The Data Quality Management Lead is responsible for driving adoption of Data Quality Management Program across the LOBs and Corporate Function.
- Provide support, education and guidance to LOB Data Stewards in the adoption, implementation and execution of the Data Quality Policy Compliance.
- Collaborate with Enterprise data producers in design and development of Data Quality Remediation Framework.
- Establish guidelines and processes to support the Data Operating Model.
- Manage the tools and functionalities required to support the Data Operating Model.
- Manage the engagement with LOBs and provide oversight to the Data Quality Program
Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics/statistics or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 7-10 years of total work experience preferred. Experience preferred in protecting data as defined by the organizations security policy or its standard IT practices, controlling and granting access to an organizations documents or electronic files, ensuring data transfers from source systems to functional enterprise systems, managing a functional data environment including architecture, technology, performance, change management, continuity/availability and security/access, serving in a data governance role in financial services.
- Data Management Professional with focus in Data Quality discipline
- Strong analytical capabilities & business analysis skills
- Knowledge of Data Quality tools and techniques.
- Good communication skills
- Experience with other data management discipline.
- Understanding of data quality related governance structures, policies, regulatory requirements.
- Good soft skills – persuasive, collaborative, and self-motivated.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70117
Organization: Digital Data Strategy-HR18008
Requisition Number: 1909323