BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Principal, Director Data Governance Strategy
An information technology-focused role, individuals are aligned with multiple functions and are responsible for the data architecture, systems, development work and technical controls of the assigned function. Ensures data tools within the organization are in sync with data governance policies, communicating in the same digital language and meeting the same enterprise-level goals. Is accountable for the technical architecture for data management within the function. Provides logical and technical reference architectures for effective data usage. Follows governance standards as part of implementing data management projects and ensure that access to the data is authorized and controlled. Manages priorities of the impacted systems and platforms. Partners with the Enterprise Architecture team to provide technical guidance to data management considerations. Consults with management and other colleagues on interpretation of data governance requirements. No direct reports. Provide work guidance to more junior team members. Contributes to the achievement of cross-functional objectives.
The Director Data Governance Strategy will conceive, establish, and promote strategic data governance initiatives – drive the understanding and adoption of Data Quality across the LOBs and Corporate Function.
- Collaborate with LOBs, Ops & Tech to enable strategic partnership in the execution of the Data Operating Model.
- Assist with defining data quality policy, establishing Processes, Procedures, controls and Standards.
- Partner and co-ordinate integration with other DaaS work-streams leads in the design and implementation of the Data Quality Control Workstream.
- Partner with Operations and Stewards community in resolving governance and process challenges.
- Support the ongoing evolution and improvement of the Data Operating Model.
Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics/statistics or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 10-12 years of total work experience preferred. Experience preferred in architectural leadership of batch processing in financial services, articulating concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences, applying service oriented architecture (SOA) principles and transitioning from legacy architectures to SOA, data modeling, including conceptual, logical, physical, warehouse and data mart models. Broad knowledge of information technology, software development principles, emerging technologies and project management techniques preferred.
- A solid understanding of basic financial services organizational structure and business operations
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Independent thinker and self-directed
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with data management discipline
- Understanding of data quality related governance structures, policies, regulatory requirements
- Operational risk or controls experience, including design and testing of process controls related to data
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70116
Organization: Digital Data Strategy-HR18008
Requisition Number: 1909325