BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Group Manager, Business Regulatory Affairs team, Trust & Depositary Ireland
The Business Regulatory Affairs team primarily:
assists with the management and operation of the governance, procedural, and control framework through which the Trust and Depositary function conducts its business in adherence with its regulatory and contractual obligations;
represents the business and entity through which it operates in interaction with other parties and stakeholders including prospective new clients, and
supports the delivery of certain Trust & Depositary functions.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review the management and operation of funds/structures to ensure that they are being managed in accordance with the relevant rules and regulations.
- Oversee the teams who monitor the activities of client schemes and the operators thereof in certain aspects of fund compliance.
- Establish and drive focus around a comprehensive monitoring programme for all client schemes.
- Support the CEO with new business approaches and client presentations, including the completion of RFPs as required.
- Provide a high level of technical expertise/practical and constructive advice to fund operators including promoters, managers and other service providers to client funds; and provide assistance to Depositary operations and client service teams in respect of technical, regulatory and/or procedural queries.
- Oversee and supervise the maintenance of Ireland Trust & Depositary book of procedures and checklists (including updating based on regulatory changes, changes to operating processes, etc).
- Key point of contact for risk matters; playing an active role in managing, mitigating and reporting on risk, including maintaining Trust & Depositary risk documents.
- Assist with the coordination of, and act as a contact point for, reviews of Ireland Trust & Depositary undertaken by stakeholders such as the Central Bank of Ireland, Internal Audit, Compliance, etc.
Monitoring regulatory change initiatives and related impact to depositary (e.g. UCITS/AIF Depositary Safekeeping Regulations due to come into effect on April 1st 2020), ensuring that procedures and checklists are updated appropriately.
- Support with the management of the entity through which Trust & Depositary services are provided including, for example, participating in and/or chairing committees, providing management information, taking ownership of key corporate documents, etc.
- Conduct ongoing, periodic quality assurance reviews of core activities undertaken by Ireland Trust & Depositary.
- Liaise with, and represent the Ireland Trust & Depositary business in respect of its interactions with, Irish Funds as the local funds industry body in Ireland.
- Act as a contact point between Ireland Trust & Depositary and its appointed sub-custodians, particularly in the context of monitoring and ensuring that accounts are maintained, and assets held, in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and industry practice.
- Recruit, direct, motivate and develop staff maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team; providing construction and critical feedback as necessary.
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as asset managers, business partners and Trust & Depositary teams in other locations on behalf of Ireland Trust & Depositary.
- Deputise for Manager in his/her absence.
- Provide such general support and coverage for the Trust & Depositary operations and client service teams as may be required from time to time.
- Analytical skills with the ability to identify and resolve complex technical problems.
- Ability to communicate and manage internal relationships with other
- Depositary teams to a high professional standard.
- Ability to communicate and manage relationships with other parties (e.g. CBI, Internal Control Functions, Industry Associations) to a high professional standard.
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative.
- Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to consistently meet deadlines and drive projects forward.
- Strong risk focus and ability to identify risks (and appropriate mitigating controls) associated with technical and operational processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Third level qualification with at least 7-10 years’ work experience in a financial services or general management role or in a legal, compliance or risk environment;
- At least 3-5 years in management a distinct advantage;
- Depositary/fiduciary experience preferred but experience of funds industry and functioning thereof required.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70175
Organization: AS Global Front Office-HR16987
Requisition Number: 1909390