BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Rep, Client Processing
Evolving regulations, increasing capital constraints, liquidity concerns and the growing demand for transparency are among the many challenges our clients face. These challenges require new thinking and new solutions. BNY Mellon Markets can help clients access capital, financing and liquidity through our suite of foreign exchange, securities finance, collateral management and segregation, capital markets, liquidity and prime brokerage services.
With over 1000 employees across three continents and $3 trillion in inventory of lendable assets for securities lending (as of December 2016), we pride ourselves on offering clients trading, financing, liquidity and collateral solutions by offering innovative services, market insight, industry expertise and scalable technology and deliver services. We bring together our experts, technology and operational strengths to offer effective solutions that help our clients manage their risk, capital and liquidity needs.Job Purpose:
The FX Overlay service is used by institutional clients who need to Hedge their currency exposures in investment portfolios or share class structures. This action can help to mitigate the impact currency fluctuations have on both investments and investors. On a daily basis the FX Overlay team process large volumes of high value, high risk and often complex FX transactions on mission critical systems.
The analyst plays a crucial role in the day to day processing of client transactions and is the first line of defence in the FX Overlay team, ensuring that the banks interests are protected at all times. They must be extremely risk aware, have the ability to read a situation and react swiftly, and be detail oriented with a strong attention to detail. The ideal candidate will possess a keen interest and appreciation of Foreign Exchange as it relates to rate volatility as well as an understanding of the different types of Foreign Exchange transactions and the risks associated with each.Core Responsibilities:
- Managing all aspects of the daily processing of a key FX Customized Services Product, ensuring the highest level of quality, customer service, risk mitigation and cost effectiveness
- Ensuring that all FX transactions that are executed are well controlled and that operational risk is minimised at all times
- Liaising with internal and external parties in a timely manner on issues pertaining to the FX transactions booked on their account as required
- Acting as the first point of escalation and escalating through the chain as and when appropriate.
- Ensuring all company procedures and policies are adhered to at all times
- Continually reviewing the Procedures Manual and suggesting amendments and improvements where appropriate
- Assisting with the on-boarding new funds and clients and ensuring that there is appropriate communication between all stakeholders until the launch has been successfully completed
- Reviewing and maintaining key risk (KRIs) and key performance (KPIs) indicator spreadsheets to ensure issues are reported in a timely and accurate fashion
- Providing and participating in cross training with colleagues where necessary.
- Participating in product development, design of enhancements and system testing as required.
Successful candidates will possess the following (or equivalent qualifiers):Analytical Thinking and problem solving ability. Excellent communication skills. Decision Making & Accountability Process Improvement Strong attention to detail Strong desire for excellence with a conscientious approach Proactive nature
Well organised and able to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines and stakeholder expectations
Ability to work without close supervision, organise, manage and prioritise workEffective team worker Strong client service ethic Risk aware Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word Desired:
0-3 years of work experience within the investment services industry, preferably with a background in Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, or FX operations.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70609
Organization: Markets Core Operations-HR14504
Requisition Number: 1909511