BNY Mellon Careers
Counsel – Technology, Privacy, Cybersecurity & Bank Secrecy – APAC
This attorney will be part of the Global IP/IT/Social Media team – with a dotted line to APAC General Counsel within BNY Mellon’s Legal Department, focusing on Technology, Privacy, Cybersecurity & Bank Secrecy matters from an APAC perspective. Responsibilities include:
- Advising business stakeholders and business line attorneys on privacy, bank secrecy, outsourcing, intellectual property and third party governance legal issues; and coordinating with multi-jurisdictional legal, regulatory and technology risk management colleagues on same.
- Drafting and negotiating client-facing technology contracts, vendor agreements and inter-company arrangements, including on information security, privacy, bank secrecy, third party governance and regulatory outsourcing requirements as well as acquisition of software and technology services such as software licenses, agreements for SAAS, cloud computing, consulting and software development services, and outsourcing transactions (including MSAs and colocation agreements) on the topics above.
- Advising on legal issues associated with software development and applications and systems that support the Bank’s business activities.
- Partnering with the Bank’s innovation and digitization teams and being a legal business partner in supporting and shaping the initiatives.
- Dealing with and managing internal stakeholders in various regions and time-zones (such as business, risk, compliance, management and audit).
- Perform legal research and coordinate with outside counsel on legal advice, follow up questions, etc.
- Participate in relevant trade associations’ activities relating to privacy, cybersecurity, outsourcing and technology/digital issues in coordination with the regional public affairs team, including participation in legislative comment periods, coordinating internally on firm-wide responses and drafting succinct updates to senior stakeholders.
- Minimum PQE 8 years (Singapore and/or UK qualified - Hong Kong/NY law also acceptable).
- Language: English written and verbal proficiency essential, working knowledge of Mandarin beneficial.
- Strong working knowledge of APAC regional privacy, bank secrecy, intellectual property, technology, outsourcing and cybersecurity law necessary; ideally in financial services or another critical infrastructure sector.
- Experience working on global technology projects involving privacy, bank secrecy, IP and cybersecurity issues necessary, in spoken and written English.
- Must be able to work as a team as well as independently.
- Must be articulate, organized and able to work in a collaborative manner, as well as be comfortable managing multiple matters at the same time involving different legal issues. Appetite for learning is critical.
- Good understanding of fintech initiatives in the region, particularly Singapore, Hong Kong and PRC highly desirable.
- Information technology background (eg computer science) highly desirable.
- Familiarity with other region’s privacy laws desirable.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-
Internal Jobcode: 85115
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1909611