BNY Mellon Careers
APAC Regional Counsel - Technology, Privacy, Cybersecurity & Bank Secrecy
Reporting into the Global IP/IT/Social Media Legal team, this is an interesting role for an experienced lawyer to join BNY Mellon’s In house legal department as Legal Counsel.
This role will focus on Technology, Privacy, Cyber-security & Bank Secrecy matters from an APAC perspective (with an emphasis on Hong Kong and Singapore).
Responsibilities will include:
- Being primary legal advisor to the Bank’s innovation and digitization teams, including the Singapore Innovation Center
- Supporting and shaping the firm’s tech and digital initiatives in the region
- Advising on legal issues associated with software development, and applications and systems that support the Bank’s business activities
- Drafting and negotiating client-facing technology contracts and inter-company arrangements
- Advising business stakeholders and business line attorneys on regional intellectual property, privacy, bank secrecy and cyber-security issues
- Partnering with internal stakeholders globally (such as business, risk, compliance and audit) in relation to a range of technology and digital initiatives
- Staying abreast of regional developments in technology, digital, privacy and cyber-security law and being legal advisor on related regulatory change programs
- Participating in relevant trade association activities relating to technology, digital, privacy and cyber-security issues in coordination with the regional public affairs team, including participation in legislative comment periods, coordinating internally on firm-wide responses and drafting succinct updates to senior stakeholders
- Advising global legal colleagues on regional legal issues in vendor software and technology services such as software licenses, agreements for SAAS, cloud computing, consulting and software development services and outsourcing transactions (including MSAs and colocation agreements)
- Using outside counsel selectively, managing guidance and driving engagements to resolution
- This role would suit a Technology Lawyer with a minimum of 8 years’ PQE, well versed in technology projects involving privacy, bank secrecy, IP and cyber-security, ideally from an In House background although experience gained within a Private Practice environment will be considered
- As the sole Technology Lawyer in the region, this role is ideal for an experienced lawyer looking to lead and advise the business from a regulatory perspective. You will partner with the global legal team to work on global initiatives but will need to be confident handling the BAU autonomously across APAC
- English written and verbal proficiency is essential, working knowledge of Mandarin beneficial.
- Experience within Financial Services sector is preferred although secondment experience will be taken into consideration
- A good understanding of fintech initiatives in the region, particularly Singapore, is highly desirable
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-
Internal Jobcode: 85115
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1909611