For over 235 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon acts as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It is our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's institutional investor with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
An integral part of the APAC Asset Servicing Leadership team - this position is responsible for analysis and financial reporting in support of the business, special projects/initiatives and strategic planning activities. To serve as a finance manager, enlisting support from colleagues and peers, aligned globally while acting locally. The primary focus and responsibilities include business analysis and planning, strategic initiatives and, supporting the business to grow revenue profitably.
Provide the CEO of APAC Asset Servicing and leadership team with the necessary information for monthly/quarterly business reviews, leverage market opportunities, make strategic business decisions and set priorities in line with growth and profitability targets.
- Perform yearly budgeting exercise for the APAC region working closely with stakeholders. Perform regular forecasting of revenues and expenses and ensure risks and opportunities are communicated upwards.
- Communicates effectively with Asset Servicing staff in APAC. Develops and delivers information and financial reports, analysis and presentations.
- Key decision maker regarding pricing & profitability of client deals. Participation in Business Acceptance Committee meetings.
- Contributes to development of new processes or procedures for robust analytics. Applies processes to gather, organize and review data/metrics; analyzes and synthesizes the data; compiles data into reports or presentations.
- Accountable for maintaining standards and controls sufficient for the efficient running of the business to enable internal audit and compliance inspection reports being issued without any significant findings. Continue to enhance Risk and Control and Regulatory Compliance practices as first line of defense.
- Work closely with finance colleagues in US, EMEA and locally. Ensuring monthly management reporting is complete and accurate.
- Review reconciliations/Control Direct expenses including pre-approve Travel and Entertainment expenses/submission of major expenditure request documentation/maintenance of various reporting hierarchies to ensure accurate management reporting
Skills and Other Competencies
- First class communication skills including presentation skills, both oral and written. Ability to engage senior C-suite stakeholders. Communicates effectively including writing internal briefs, presentations scripts, status reports, etc.
- Able to conduct themselves with integrity and a desire for excellence at all times, with a clear sense of personal responsibility. To treat all colleagues, internal and external, with respect and to proactively create an environment of teamwork.
- Proven knowledge of the asset servicing space within the Investment industry - gained through at least 2 - 4 years' experience. Ideally this would be from previous experience in the industry.
- A self-motivated, innovative thinker, with the ability to work as part of a team and think quickly in high pressure situations and connect the dots across many areas, investor types and regions.. Requisite analytical and problem solving skills.
- Displays strong interpersonal skills - plays a role in motivating colleagues and creates team cohesion.
- Strong global business acumen. A track record of working in global banks and navigating complex operating models.
- Excellent Excel, Powerpoint and IBM TM1 experience
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA desirable
- 8-10 years’ experience, proven digital and tech savviness plus understanding of asset servicing business.
- Fluency in English is essential, other Asian languages is advantageous.
- Accounting body
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 85063
Requisition Number: 1909665