BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Representative, Middle Office
Alternative Investment Services (AIS) Operations consist of variety of teams servicing functional areas such as Trade Capture, Middle Office, Reconciliation, Cash processing, FATCA and Documents Management. Teams assist the research and resolution of operational issues regarding fund administration, follows procedures to complete day-to-day tasks.
Middle Office Team is supporting the traders from an operational perspective. Team manages the entire process from trade entry through to settlement, ensuring that all trades are matched, settled and reconciled in a timely and efficient manner.
Being part of our Middle Office team your day-to-day tasks will be related, but not limited to:
- Processing cash instructions from relevant parties and/or ensuring optimal balances on various funds accounts
- Agreeing cash flows with counterparties on or before value date
- Agreeing settlement details with counterparts
- Validating Prime Broker activity reports, handling all exceptions through to conclusion
- Identifying the discrepancies against trading counterparties and client. Investigate and resolve all exceptions through to conclusion
- Direct contact with client to resolve all discrepancies on a timely manner
- Securities setups, securities maintenance and fund / legal support
- Responsible for process, tasks allocation and control
- Acts as the main point of contact for process related queries escalated by the administrators and clients
- Identify risks associated with new and existing processes and implement measures to control
- Ensure that all errors are identified, recorded and reviewed, and appropriate action taken to address root cause and avoid repeat occurrence
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and actively encourage new ideas from team members
- Create a balanced work load within the team structure as a whole, anticipate and plan ahead to adhere to deadlines, check work completion and quality
- Ensure cross training to provide cover within the team
- Constantly monitors process knowledge of team members and progress made in this area
- Provide feedback to team members in a professional manner
- Provide feedback to Manager about team members during yearly performance process
- Support Manager`s decisions related to general administrative initiatives to ensure that corporate directives are delivered to their teams,
- Motivate team members and share experience and expertise.
- Participation in training of team members
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in an accounting related discipline
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in Operations/Middle Office area
- At least 1 year of experience in supervisory role
- Technical knowledge how financial instruments works - both listed and unlisted.
- An in-depth technical knowledge of middle office and/or back office procedures gained within a cross-product operations role would be beneficial
- Computer literacy, highly skilled in the use of spreadsheets, word processing packages
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Dependability, flexibility and the ability to lead by example,
- Very good organizational skills,
- High degree of accuracy
- Ability to adhere to rigid deadlines;
- Team spirit, can do attitude
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70549
Organization: AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1909672