At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank’s executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation.
- Manages engagement with internal audit, regulatory audit and Technology business units to deliver ITGC control adoptions.
- Manages Risk Issues lifecycle from identification to resolution including a good understanding of exception management.
- Solid understanding of Cybersecurity domains including Vulnerability Management, Identity & Access Management, Security Operations Center, Cybersecurity Incident and Threat Management.
- Assists in various internal audit, external audit, and regulatory findings related to cyber risk with the ability to work with all three lines of defense.
- Assists in compliance efforts for the Company as they relate to cybersecurity regulatory and policy requirements.
- Analyzes existing and proposed cybersecurity legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry practices, to determine gaps and impact to the cybersecurity program.
- Manages Cyber Compliance repository of information. Coordinates with cybersecurity services to ensure compliance with legislation, regulatory announcements, industry practices, etc.
- Responds to regulatory and audit related inquiries on cybersecurity for the Company and provide evidence are needed.
- Attends regulatory and audit meetings and have the ability to contribute to discussions and determine relevant content as part of the audit scope.
- Conducts other cyber compliance duties as needed. Ability to manage to aggressive deadlines in time constrained situations and “think out of the box” to improve processes.
- Provides assistance in the coordination, research, and preparation of regulatory impact analysis from a cybersecurity perspective
- Prepares and assists in the preparation of material concerning the firm’s position on regulatory requirements from a global perspective
Sr. Specialist Information Security Analyst->> Consults with other IT areas and the businesses and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations provides direction and guidance on reports and analyses and ensures recommendations are aligned with customer/business needs and capabilities. Ensures that all significant security concerns are addressed. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related discipline required, advanced degree preferred.
8-12 years of experience in Information Security or related technology experience required.
Strong understanding of IT General controls, SOC1 and SOX audits.
Strong understanding of the application of industry best practices and relevant frameworks, such as NIST Cybersecurity Framework and ISO 27001/27002 required.
Demonstrated problem solving and analytical ability, with strong oral and written communication skills required.
Experience managing audit process for the Company as they relate to cybersecurity requirements.
Auditing or compliance experience preferred; financial services experience a plus; project management experience a plus.
Experience working with international Regulatory bodies, preferably Financial Industry regulators (e.g. FRB NY, OCC, NYS DFS, PRA, ECB, etc.)
The following security certifications preferred, Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Risk Information Security Control (CRISC), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Management (CISM) or, Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
Experience managing collaboration platforms like Confluence and SharePoint
JD degree and/or legal experience a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45155
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1909730