BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Principal, Data Strategy - Data Security
A Data Strategy-focused role, the Data Security data discipline owner will have enterprise responsibility for defining the overall operating model, related policies and control objectives for Data Security in partnership with the Technology teams in Information Security. This role Is accountable for ensuring the defined operating model and policies supports regulatory compliance and keeps pace with best practice for data security. In addition, this role will:
- Support logical and technical architectures for effective data usage.
- Establishes standards as part of implementing data management projects and ensures that access to the data is authorized and controlled.
- Consults with management and other colleagues on interpretation of data governance requirements.
- Ensures consistency among the data disciplines to ensure efficiency and promote an understanding of data management practices
- Acts as an evangelist for data management practices inside and outside the organization.
No direct reports. Provide work guidance to more junior team members.
Contributes to the achievement of cross-functional objectives.
QualificationsBachelors degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics/statistics or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Strong background in data security is preferred.
10-12 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in architectural leadership in financial services, articulating concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences, transitioning from legacy architectures, data modeling, including conceptual, logical, physical, warehouse and data mart models is preferred. Broad knowledge of information technology, software development principles, emerging technologies and project management techniques preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70116
Organization: Digital Data Strategy-HR18008
Requisition Number: 1909865