BNY Mellon Careers
Ld Mgr, Client Processing
General Job Information
Job Title: Group Manager, Transfer Agency (Grade K, L)
Department: Transfer Agency,
Reporting to: Head of Transfer Agency
Team Description: TA Management team
Department head reporting to the section/business head. Responsibility to ensure the day to day operational requirements are being managed and controlled by direct reports to achieve all the service level agreements and key performance indicators. Whilst also ensuring that client initiatives are delivered and strategic planning and action takes place to ensure the future growth and development of the Dept.
• Manage the interface with Clients on TA deliverables as outlined in Service Level Agreements and the delivery of accurate information in Client report cards and board packs .
• Ensure the team are proactive, prompt & professional in their communication.
• Escalate issues on behalf of TA with other departments to discuss open issues and service levels where minutes are kept outlining decisions and action points.
Human Resource Management
• Set Dept. objectives to ensure the Managers are clear about their goals and objective setting requirements each year.
• Perform appraisals and implement personal development and training plans. Ensure staff members have clear objectives and up-to-date job descriptions.
• Ensure that direct reports take prompt identification and resolution of individual performance issues. Promote awareness and ensure adherence to all company policies.
• Ensure that talent is recognised and nurtured and that nominations are made for "on the Spot" and "Aspire" awards.
• Prepare business case for new staff requisitions and conduct interviews. Manage overtime and staff availability during holiday and other peak periods.
• Conduct regular One-to-One meetings with direct reports, providing updates on relevant developments, getting feedback and updates on salient issues.
• Promote an environment of open and clear communication ensuring all team members maintain a positive and professional relationship with internal and external parties.
Quality and Risk Control
• Ensure the teams are operating according to procedure to ensure no material errors or audit issues arise by reporting and proactively addressing potential risk areas.
• Ensure benchmark KPI's are achieved and exceeded where possible and tracked intra month.
• Conduct regular review of processes and controls to identify any operational gaps from agreed checklists, guidelines and written procedures. Ensure root cause analysis is conducted when any errors, incidents or near misses occur in the area.
• Ensure procedures are consistent across all teams and that the Assistant Managers attend and actively participate in Monthly Procedures Committees.
• Ensure team members adhere to BNYM standards, policies and procedures and maintain records in a neat and orderly manner, suitable for review.
• Act as escalation to manage Audit, Client, Compliance, and Trustee queries ensuring they are highlighted, thoroughly investigated and responded to in a timely manner.
Change & Project Management
• Develop operating models to deal with growth in volumes, focusing on improving straight through processing.
• Conduct regular reviews of internal and 3rd party IT systems highlighting where changes can be made to improve automation and efficiency levels.
• Manage rollout of services to new funds and ensure the smooth transition into TA operating teams.
• Foster and develop close working relationships with other departments and locations to ensure that TA issues are addressed and SLAs are in place where necessary.
Key Skills / Requirements
• Expert technical knowledge of Transfer Agency functions, in particular in the area of share dealing, client reporting, cash processing, fee rebates and distributions across Equity, Bond and Money Market Fund types.
• In depth understanding of Anti Money Laundering Requirements of local Regulator and Bank Policy and excellent awareness of Fraud prevention, Compliance requirements and operational risk areas and BCP for TA.
• Proficiency in using Excel, Word, Lotus Notes and other relevant office systems. Comprehensive understanding of Rufus GTA , M Share, TA interfaces and platforms.
• Thorough understanding of the inter dependencies between TA and the other Depts. in the Bank as a whole.
• Proactive and focused attitude to work and an ability to constantly meet deadlines. Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
• Strong teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Excellent leadership and motivational skills, dependability and flexibility.
Experience & Qualifications
• A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Financial Services and a degree from an accredited college or university.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Luxembourg-Luxembourg-Luxembourg
Internal Jobcode: 70601
Organization: Transfer Agency Operation EMEA-HR07268
Requisition Number: 1910022