BNY Mellon Careers
Executive Mgr, Cross Functional Relationship Management/Business Development
At BNY Mellon, we are invested in helping individuals and institutions invest, transact and conduct business around the world and we are delivering an integrated set of solutions for highly complex financial issues. Our expertise and infrastructure make us critical to the evolving global markets. Strength, stability, and safety are at our core. We are investing wisely for the future to bolster growth, improve returns and deepen client relationships. We always strive to provide a consistent high-quality experience and aim to deliver consistent performance for every client, every time, every day. BNY Mellon is a trusted advisor and business partner and BNY Mellon provides a comprehensive range of investment services that are unrivalled in scale, precision and quality. Our services have the power to enhance transparency, maximize liquidity and mitigate risks. We are committed to moving with urgency and relentlessly positioning ourselves and our clients for tomorrow.
Corporate Trust is the largest global provider of trustee and paying agency services as well as a leading provider of third party loan, escrow and administrative agency services to the global capital markets. Its institutional client base comprises major Financial Institutions, Corporates, Insurance Companies, Asset Managers, Government and Sovereign entities.
The Executive Manager, (Cross Functional Relationship Management/Business Development), leveraging a senior network internally and externally, oversees and directs the efforts of a business development team which is responsible for independently evaluating and pursuing new business opportunities and client prospects, through direct calling efforts on origination and structuring desks within investment/commercial banks, global law firms and other third party advisory firms as well as by leveraging Enterprise relationships with strategic clients as well as serving in a consultative role to client prospects and intermediaries, advising on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term strategic objectives through the firm's solutions. the Client prospects are significantly large and complex institutions, requiring depth of knowledge in a niche segment or significant breadth of knowledge across numerous products/services. Client prospects’ and intermediary needs are often enterprise-wide and may involve both a transactional approach but also a multi-year or long-term pursuit or relationship approach. In addition to new client prospects, the Executive Manager (Cross Functional Relationship Management/Business Development ) may also be responsible for being directly involved as well as overseeing the achievement of organic incremental growth from existing, strategic Enterprise clients.
• Directly interacts, cultivates and manages senior relationships with large Enterprise clients and top tier intermediaries, who act as third party referral and origination sources for Corporate Trust business in respect of strategic, complex and structured products; and specifically in relation thereto:
o oversees and directs the efforts and activities of a business development team responsible for securing new business;
o acts as a senior liaison point, responsible for communication, co-ordination and collaboration with business development counterparts, relationship management, other lines of business and the Enterprise in terms of strategic or growth initiatives and ongoing results;
o marshalls Enterprise and divisional resources and leverages Enterprise wide contacts or relationships to assist in the location and conversion of business development opportunities and strategies;
o acts as an escalation point, provides leadership and assists in setting strategic direction and revenue targets for the business development team globally and Corporate Trust.
o contributes to the development of Corporate Trust’s growth and revenue strategies and identifying, co-ordinating and participating in opportunities for enhancing the Corporate Trust’s brand.
o assists in the development and execution of functional strategy to achieve key business objectives and targets for developing strategic and Enterprise clients and, oversees initiatives that are defined by the business strategy and contribute to the Enterprise's values, vision or regulatory requirements.
• Oversees, directs, and controls the activities of a business development team, coaching, guiding and supporting them in respect of the following:
o Locating potential opportunities through in-depth industry research and an understanding of the market environment, including short- and long-term trends, competitor offerings, regulatory developments etc. as well as existing relationship contacts
o Screening and evaluating opportunities by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, growth potential, financials, and internal firm priorities.
o Working with the appropriate functions to develop and market new products, services, solutions and thought leadership concepts, as applicable.
o Consulting with intermediaries and client prospects on their strategic vision and transactional needs and uses an in-depth understanding of the firm's solutions and value proposition to help achieve that vision and/or meet those needs; and, if applicable, offering customized product offerings or developing specific negotiation strategies and positions to align prospect and intermediary needs to firm offerings.
o Working closely with related teams, including operations and other firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure all risk management/compliance activities relevant to business development activities are conducted and captured.
o Tracking and reporting on individual or aggregate targets and business development opportunities.
• Leads recruitment efforts, performance manages, motivates and develops a team of business development staff to maximize their collective contributions to meet divisional financial and strategic targets; supports and creates development plans in relation to such staff to encourage professional growth, as applicable.
• Contributes to the setting and achievement of functional and sales objectives for the business development team, globally, financial and performance management responsibility for the assigned team members..
Qualifications• Will have a minimum of 15 years’ work experience, with management experience preferred.
• Will have a previous background in a Business Development/Relationship Management/Sales, which would ideally have been spent within a large global matrix organisation. This experience is likely to come from within the Financial Services due to the depth of product knowledge required to be successful, combined with the experience of coaching and mentoring junior staff.
• Previous experience in Structured Finance or Fixed Income Product or Sales; Asset Management; Alternatives; including Private Equity highly desirable.
• Will be highly experienced in independently developing leads and and cultivating senior relationships internally and externally with key stakeholders
• Must possess strong presentation, negotiation, influence, emotional intelligence and communication skills, with the ability to provide direction and guidance to direct reports.
• Have a strong academic background with a minimum Bachelor’s degree, Advanced/graduate degree and/or professional qualifications preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70041
Job: Corporate Trust
Organization: Corporate Trust-HR06320
Requisition Number: 1910068