BNY Mellon Careers
Working student- start your career with BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon, originally established as The Bank of New York by American Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, is an investments company that provides investment management, investment services and wealth management solutions to help institutions and individuals succeed in markets all over the world. As the Investments Company for the world, we are committed to creating an inclusive, sustainable world where people can succeed and economies can thrive.
At our Frankfurt location, we are currently recruiting for a number of working student positions across numerous departments and are looking for new talent to join us. This might raise your interest to launch a long term career with us and be part of a global organization. Your window to the financial world.
You will be broadly responsible for performing activities such as, but not restricted to:
- Perform daily accounting activities of assigned funds
- Processing of transactions, in some roles with control oversight
- Data collation, input and quality assurance, e.g. market data
- Resolution of internal and external client queries
- Perform month end reconciliations and account closing
- Analyze root causes of accounting discrepancies and provide corrective actions
- Prepare reporting (ad-hoc and regular) to external clients, internal stakeholders, regulators or government organizations
- Communication with external clients via phone and mail
- Monitor and/or manage cash flows, expenses, overdrafts, payments
- Perform daily/periodic controls
- Participate in special BNY Mellon specific projects
- Together, we will ascertain the role that best fits to you and your career aspirations.
- Strong interest in financial services and securities processing, accounting and reporting
- Basic understanding of Financial Markets and instruments
- Strong command of the English language is necessary
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Has a service minded thought process with a sense of urgency to solution issues
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage own deadlines and workloads
- A confident manner and the ability to communicate with clients and colleagues effectively
- High level of attention to detail
- Highly numerate
- MS Office, specifically advanced Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, vlookup etc.)
- VBA and data base skills preferred but not mandatory
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Internal Jobcode: PCSD62
Organization: Ops Middle Office Onboard Tax-HR16346
Requisition Number: 1910174