BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Business Entity:
Investment Management (IM) is $4 billion revenue segment of BNY Mellon, managing $1.8 trillion of client assets. Investment Management operates multiple investment firms, each with their own investment philosophies and strategies, and the BNY Mellon Wealth Management business.
The IM Finance consolidation team is responsible for the analysis and reporting of consolidated Asset Management and Investment Management financial results and growth drivers. It also provides analytical support to related reporting projects and analysis of interbank services and costs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The analyst will support the team’s development of financial and variance analysis critical to the management of the Investment Management business, and analyze and report on interbank services and resulting costs. The analyst will also take a lead role in support of project assessing and implementing new technologies to assist in financial analysis and reporting of the sector across teams.
--Assist in the understanding, assessment and implementation of new technologies to be used by LOB financial teams to complete the FP&A function.
· --Analyze and report services provided by other entities, their costs and the calculation of costs.
· -- Assist in the development and analysis of financials and variances to support the management reporting of the consolidated sector through the monthly close, quarterly forecast and annual plan processes.
· -- Analyze and report on how the firm’s financial growth has been driven by various business drivers.
· -- Identify efficient means to deliver data and metrics, working with technology and operations teams where needed.
· -- Provide support for developing financial models for forecasting, planning, return analysis, etc.
· -- Provide support for the creation of presentation slides that articulate financial metrics and concepts to senior audiences.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business or the equivalent combination of education and experience required. 5-7 years of total work experience preferred, including experience in financial planning and analysis.
Skills and Traits required:
·- --Understanding of accounting and financial analysis theory.
· --Understanding of cost accounting and ability to critically analyze costing methodologies.
· --Strong communication, organization and prioritization skills.
· --Ability to simplify complex problems and build solutions.
· --High comfortability with project management of deliverables that may be dependent on receiving accurate information from multiple parties.
· --Desire to research topics thoroughly and understand nuances.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 85068
Requisition Number: 1910219