BNY Mellon Careers
Audit Senior (CASS)
The CASS Audit Senior role is to act as the expert within Internal Audit carrying out testing against the rules within the Financial Conduct Authority’s Client Assets Sourcebook (CASS) regulations.Principle Responsibilities:
- To work with the CASS Audit Manager to provide CASS specific direction and support to audit management and the audit team in general.
- Keep up-to-date with development of the CASS regulations and their application to the Company, including liaising with the Client Asset Oversight Office, Compliance and Risk.
- Ensure that CASS regulations, risks and controls are appropriately covered in the CASS audits they are responsible for completing.
- Lead CASS specific audit reviews, being responsible for project managing all aspects of the audit from planning, fieldwork, and reporting and issue closure.
- Work with the CASS Audit Manager to provide a view on the validity and risk implications of any CASS related audit issues.
- Challenge Business/Operations Management to ensure appropriate remedial action has been taken where issues have been identified.
- Write high quality, professionally presented Internal Audit reports and audit findings, requiring minimal input from Audit Management.
- Understand and apply the Internal Audit Methodology to produce good quality and detailed working papers.
- Represent Internal Audit in all CASS related projects and committees assigned.
- Work with the CASS Audit Manager to provide input to and deliver CASS training.
- Contribute towards maintaining the CASS Audit Universe Inventory and associated risk assessment from ongoing continuous monitoring activities.
- Carry out audits over Client Asset Safety regulations in other jurisdictions such as Belgium and Ireland, as well as Global Asset Safety standards.- Lead other non-CASS related audit reviews.
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks and projects as directed by Audit Management.Essential Skills/Experience: - At least 4 years-experience in CASS related roles. - Good understanding of CASS regulatory requirements.
- Good general knowledge of the financial services industry and its regulations and laws.
- Strong understanding of Custody Operations/Banking, Transfer Agency and other Operations impacted by the CASS Rules.
- An understanding of front to back Client Assets processes and controls such as client onboarding, or reconciliations.
- At least 4 years-experience in an Internal/External Audit, or Compliance monitoring role preferred.
- A strong, confident persuasive communicator (oral and written), capable of robust dialogue.- Self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness of deliverables produced, strong analytical mindset to analyse data and effective problem-solving skills to work autonomously.- Proven track record of delivering risk based projects. - Experience of dealing with and presenting to senior management. - Knowledgeable on good governance practices - Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with business unit management, operational risk management, co-workers, and staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Good leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and team building.- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Multi-tasking, resilience, think outside the box and adaptability to change.
- Work Quality: The ability to demonstrate attention to detail to achieve quality results.
- Planning and Organising: The ability to establish a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure consistent accomplishment of specific objectives. The ability to multi task and balance priorities whilst managing a number of competing demands on schedule.
- Analytical Thinking: The ability to analyze large amounts of complex information, to identify and present the key issues in a persuasive way and develop strategies to resolve.
- Conceptual Thinking: The ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related and to determine key underlying issues in complex situations, good leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and team building.Qualifications and Training
· Degree Educated, preference for accountancy or financial services related
· Additional professional qualifications
· Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio.Based in London Competitive salary Posted 5th July 2019
Closing date 2nd August 2019
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85002
Organization: Audit International-HR07989
Requisition Number: 1910252