BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Lead Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis, contributes to the accounting activities of multiple complex legal entities, lines of business, countries, regions and accounting processes. Completes accounting activities, including processing numerous complex Project Costing and Asset Management events and transactions, continuously improving exceptions identification and analysis activities, participating in audits, maintaining the control environment, fulfilling ad hoc requests in accordance with global, regional and country-specific process standards and identifying and completing process improvements.
·- --Responsibilities include accounting, reviewing journal entries and key control spreadsheets, reporting, reviewing reconciliations and analysis, with primary focus on Project Costing and Fixed Asset transactions.
· --Responsible for complex accounting activities related to the maintenance of an accurate Project Costing and Fixed Assets sub-ledgers in accordance with US GAAP.
· --Responsible for Fixed Asset accounting including maintenance of Fixed Assets system, Fixed Asset dispositions, additions, etc.
· Responsible for Project and Work-in-Process (WIP) accounting including Project Costing maintenance and transferring WIP to Fixed Assets.
· --Administer Quarterly Project Review (QPR) process on a timely basis
· --Responsible for quarterly review of WIP accounts to ensure integrity of the data.
· --Coordinate closely with project managers, Business Unit representatives and finance to understand Software Development projects and apply proper accounting treatment
· --Play an integral role in deploying bug fixes and enhancements into the Fixed Asset and Project Costing accounting system including testing, review, approval and migration to the production environment.
· --Make recommendations to eliminate manual processes and to drive resolution of root cause remediation to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Major Expenditures Operations Group.
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or business or the equivalent combination of education and experience. 3-5 years of total work experience preferred, experience in financial planning and analysis and knowledge of GAAP accounting and finance concepts and analysis techniques preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 85067
Requisition Number: 1910415