BNY Mellon Careers
BNY IM EMEA - Office Manager and Executive Assistant, Germany
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world’s largest investment managers. We believe that the right results begin by being relevant to every client whether that’s; access the way they want it, diversifying strategies, reassurance, or quality insights for better informed decisions.
That’s why we have designed a model that is truly built around investor’s needs - bringing together world-class investment managers with best of breed talent and unique cultures to deliver investment outcomes. This is combined with the global scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management – connecting investors with opportunities across every major asset class in more than 100 markets and 35 countries.
Today, we have eight investment management firms in our stable: Alcentra, ARX, Dreyfus Cash Investment Strategies, Insight, Mellon, Newton Investment Management, Siguler Guff and Walter Scott.
We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
BNY Mellon Investment Management is part of the BNY Mellon group (the corporate brand of The Bank Of New York Mellon).
We are looking to hire an Office Manager to run general office management of the German Branch and support the local Sales and Marketing team.
The purpose of the role is to provide assistance to the Distribution effort in all aspects related to the development of sales activities in Germany whilst doing work with BNY Mellon IM EMEA departments in London and the local Sales team in Germany.
General Administrative Support
- Diary Management for the team
- Completion of expense diaries for all team members
- Organize internal and external meetings
- Answer calls, take messages, filter/prioritise all calls and assist the caller where possible
- Arrange travel itineraries, including booking all travel and hotels
- Interact with clients and business partners; handling highly confidential relationships and associated materials
- Maintenance of client relationship database, including updating of client preferences and pro-active data cleansing. (Maintaining and updating Engage)
- Management of mailing lists, including sending of information in conjunction with the team
- Provide support to the Client Service; Client Relationship & Marketing team
- Filing, including client related filing and handling of legal agreements
- Where appropriate, support of other personnel when required (such as holidays or sickness)
- Co-ordination and support of road shows, client events and conferences
- Take responsibility for all postal issues
- Co-ordination and organization of the office (IT, cleaning, electricity, alarm-system, paying invoices, order of stationary etc)
- Responsible for Business Continuity Crisis management
- Responsible for Records Management
- Provide general assistance with ad-hoc duties/projects as required.
Personal Assistant to the Country Head
- Manage expense claims/diaries
- Typing letters, reports, memos and meeting notes with minute taking
- Development and/or updating of PowerPoint presentation material
- Telephone Management: Answer calls, take messages from contacts, clients and consultants, filter/prioritise all calls and assist the caller where possible
- Sort and prioritise daily correspondence, handling personally as and when appropriate
- Maintenance of filing system for documents, general correspondence, reports and presentation papers and archiving records
- Collating management information/reports
- Manage holiday, sickness forms for the team
- Provide other administrative support to senior staff travelling from the other geographies, creating itineraries for overseas visitors
- Booking meeting rooms, restaurants, couriers and taxis
- Make travel arrangements through the Company travel provider and arrange itineraries
Generic Staff Responsibilities
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the department
- Notify management and/or Compliance immediately of any regulatory breach
- NComply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 50136
Organization: BNYM IM EMEA Ltd-HR14104
Requisition Number: 1910448