BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Accounting (Internal Control Manager)
The overall mission is to identify process enhancements that will both strengthen the control environment and improve operational efficiency and develop a culture of first line of defence. The individual will be specifically responsible for the German Control environment and be part of a larger EMEA team.
Undertake focused process and systems review in the area of exposures and where management have concerns. Aim is to apply rigorous root cause analysis to business processes and identify opportunities for control enhancement and process improvement.
• Setting corporate standards, interpreting Corporate policy, providing guidance, training, reporting and management of the reconciliation process.
• Reconciliation Governance, process review, change/ enhancement and implementation, guidance and Controls review.
• Ensuring that reconciliation processes are designed to comply with applicable reconciliation standards.
• Establish and monitor the process of producing reconciliations at both a US GAAP and local level.
• Administer the Blackline reconciliation tool, resolve issues in a timely manner, deliver user training to new and existing staff.
• Support off-shoring of reconciliation preparation.
• Identifying key risks and controls and ensuring any subsequent remedial/ mitigating actions are implemented as appropriate.
• Promoting proactive and risk aware behaviour across all Finance areas and addressing areas lacking existing controls.
• Liaison with both internal and external Auditor to ensure the process continues to deliver a level of control consistent with audit requirements.
• Track and implement actions to resolution of audit findings.
• Identify and promote best practice and communicate where process improvements can be made, both within the team and in the wider business.
• Arrange/deliver workshops and training to supplement the Corporate training course.
• Request and monitor systems access controls.
• Document, test and monitor Finance BCP management.
• Document, test and maintain Finance procedures and controls.
• Document and implement record retention policy.
• Undertake tactical project management.
• Produce management information pack for stakeholder reporting.
• Coordination of internal/ external audits
• Timely communication of issues
Job Specific Competencies
• Deadline driven with effective time management and ability to work under pressure.
• Client orientated and results focused.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to establish and develop effective relationships.
• Ability to understand and critically assess financial business processes.
• Aptitude to identify and evaluate key business risks and controls.
• A flexible and innovative approach to problem solving.
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills and understanding of German.
• Experience of writing Process Flow Commentaries, Risk and Control Matrices and test scripts.
• Proactive self-starter with ability to manage own workload and customer expectations.
• A track record of learning and enthusiasm for further development.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio.
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
• Qualified accountant with audit/ process improvement experience. Strong controls and process improvement experience essential.
• Financial services and or banking experience preferred.
• Strong technical accounting knowledge, with US GAAP essential, IFRS and DE GAAP exposure would also be desirable.
• Excellent computer skills, in particular Excel, Access and Powerpoint.
• Exposure to PeopleSoft general ledgers highly desirable.
• Graduate calibre
• Qualified accountant.
Role Reporting Hierarchy
The role reports to the Regional Controller Germany
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Internal Jobcode: 85085
Requisition Number: 1910526