- Provide daily market risk reporting support during European time. The position is responsible to verify the completeness and accuracy of output from market risk engine, review reconciliation between input and output records, and independently investigate issues, coordinating with business and technology teams across APAC, EMEA and US regions.
- Outside of daily routine reporting responsibilities, this position is also responsible for ongoing market risk reporting process improvements. The candidate should have the ability to write clear business requirements and communicate effective with technology partners throughout SDLC, develop detailed test plans and performs UAT.
- Ensures market risk data analysis, reporting and monitoring are sound, accurate and being completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the daily interactions with other departments when investigating and validating reported changes in risk.
- Recognized as the market risk point of contact within the assigned business/business partner areas.
- Handles market risk data analysis, reporting and monitoring and completes data sourcing, data aggregation and data management for the business(es) supported and for market risk management, ensuring accuracy and correctness; develops appropriate tools, partnering with Technology where needed.
- Contributes to the establishment of the market risk strategy for the business/business partner area and is responsible for ensuring the implementation of that strategy.
- Partners with the business to help them achieve their objectives within the Risk Appetite of the firm.
- Assists in the development and implementation of tools and procedures to measure and monitor multiple risks hierarchically and across the entire organization.
- Leads the interaction with technology staff in the development of new risk analysis, platform and data initiatives, and testing of modifications to the risk tools and processes.
- Begins to build strategic relationships to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Liaises with internal and external auditors and regulators to ensure compliance to prescribed standards. No direct reports; provides technical advice/guidance to less experienced Market Risk roles as needed.
- Responsibilities are primarily limited to assigned business/business partner areas.
- However, tasks may produce cross-regional impacts. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required, in the fields of Finance, Economics, Quantitative Science and Engineering (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Operations Research, Computer Science, Computer Engineering…etc.). Advanced degree is preferred.
- Prior Work Requirements: 5-7 years of experience in market risk preferred (2+ if the candidate has advanced degree). Experience in financial services is preferred.
- Discipline Requirements: Ability to analyze and report on financial products and financial risk, macroeconomic issues, and relevant regulation (e.g., Basel, Volcker…etc.).
- Technology Requirements: (Must Have) Advanced Excel and VBA, SQL, Visio and PowerPoint; (Nice-to-have) Python, Tableau
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes. Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data. BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.- BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85208
Requisition Number: 1910552