BNY Mellon Careers
Newton - Quality Assurance Analyst
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients’ futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense – through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton’s parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £49.8bn assets under management (as at 31 March 2018), including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newtonim.com and via Twitter: @NewtonIM.
What’s on Offer?
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work, offer a number of benefits like a 12% pension contribution, flexible working hours and opportunities to progress. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work. Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a commitment to diversity.
As a QA Analyst you will play a vital role in our Quality Assurance team. We are looking for an experienced and committed individual to assist in the delivery of quality code across all Newton’s projects and technology initiatives. You will liaise with technical and non-technical team members to deliver the needs of the business.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, methodical candidate who has excellent communication skills, is passionate about quality, possesses excellent attention to detail and who has solid experience in testing web and server-side applications.
• Working in an Agile and Iterative environment, carrying out testing activities to Newton’s internal testing standards.
• Helping to assure code quality throughout the development lifecycle.
• Identifying test scenarios from Acceptance Criteria and produce appropriate tests.
• Design BDD/TDD tests working closely with the business, BA team, Automation engineers and developers.
• Creating and executing automated tests, acceptance criteria and associated defect management.
• Performing functional, non-functional and cross-browser testing.
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to build strong relationships with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Recommend/implement efficient and effective processes and standards in order to continuously improve quality.
Job Specific Competencies
People (team-working/collaboration skills):
• Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across a wide variety of teams, both technical and business
• Build strong relationships with key business stakeholders and technology team members to enable you to manage expectations
• Ability to interact with internal management team and product owners using strong leadership skills.
Self (integrity and the ability to reflect confidence):
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem solving environment
• Passion for innovation with an enthusiasm to encourage others
• Hungry to improve themselves and their working environment
• Willing to engage with senior management and challenge the status-quo and offer alternatives
• Self-directed, adaptable, flexible and professional
Results (the ability to be proactive and take action):
• Be hands-on, enthusiastic to dive in at the deep end and help the deliver a quality solution
• Be a primary contact for the development team throughout the life cycle of a project, attending stand-ups and creating high quality user stories.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have what it takes to succeed, and you’re looking to develop a career within an award winning investment management firm, please submit your CV via our Careers site.
Share your Experiences:
We would love to hear about your experiences with our recruitment process. Your opinion will really help us strive towards continuous improvement. Please visit our Glassdoor page to leave your feedback.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 52781
Requisition Number: 1910583