BNY Mellon Careers
Audit Project Leader (Data Analytics)
Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance function that employs a systematic, risk-based approach to the review and evaluation of the adequacy, effectiveness, and sustainability of risk management procedures, internal control systems, information systems, and governance systems and processes. Internal Audit has free and unrestricted access to execute its function as it relates to the Company's books, records, documents, personnel (including the Board of Directors), and physical properties. Internal Audit has no direct operational responsibility or authority over any of the activities they review, but does follow up on audit issues to ensure remedial action is taken when necessary.
- Responsible for the coordination, planning and execution of analytics and visualization for each of the respective business audit teams.
- Act as business analysts to define audit requirements for analytics and automation, as well as become subject matter experts in the business area of support and understand the regulatory environment.
- Integrate themselves with the audit lifecycle, and collaborate with the audit team to understand where analytics can be applied in the audit plan to drive efficiency, effectiveness, coverage breadth and depth (skillsets will include consulting, ETL, visualization, analytics, and deep understanding of our core businesses)
- Primarily responsible for overseeing audit execution and managing the audit pipeline. Operates as a team member or independently and has responsibility for specific procedures and results (i.e., head of a project relating to an audit, audit project, or model auditor). Ensures testing (or other tasks as applicable to a specialty) is adequately thorough and accurate to allow an evaluation of the adherence to company policies and procedures, audit methodologies, and all applicable regulations.
- Identifies existing and emerging risk/ control themes.
- Contributes to Constructing Universe and development of the annual plan.
- May manage and develop staff. May begin developing subject matter expertise (SME).
- Prepares documents and reports that are 'client ready.' Leads testing of financial, operational and other processes as per Audit plans and methodologies.
- Identifies meaningful issues and tracks fieldwork and emerging issues to completion. Demonstrates understanding of businesses and processes through flowcharting, work papers, analysis, issue identification and discussions with project leaders and auditees on projects of varying complexity.
- If the role requires a specialism the individual will work on projects of greater complexity that involve significant understanding of the regulatory regimes, business models and processes for each assignment.
- Leverages advanced business knowledge or experience in order to practice strategic or systemic results.
- Able to query business clients and colleagues in Audit to understand the underlying processes and procedures necessary to evaluate the control risks.
- Performs research independently and has adequate knowledge of statistical sampling and risk analysis to perform research with technical accuracy.
- Engages in Continuous Monitoring activities.
- Uses knowledge of financial institutions and all applicable regulatory requirements on a day to day basis.
- Engages in relevant training regarding audit, businesses, financial controls, regulations, or a particular specialty and actively seeks to apply this knowledge in their role and pass it on to the wider audit team.
- Demonstrates skills through advanced analysis of business processes and issue identification, as well as discussions with the project leader, audit manager, and auditees. Serves as an internal expert on complex Audit topics.
- Applies a deep understanding of core and advanced concepts in data analytics, relevant technology, the regulatory environment, the financial services industry, project management and business processes and can integrate these concepts into audit processes and leverage them to solve difficult problems.
- Regularly applies project management methodologies to effectively oversee multiple projects/staff across multiple audits.
- Uses judgement with regard to issue priority and communication.
- Develops relationships with the Audit Project Leader and/or audit management, other Audit associates, and clients.
- Able to clearly explain the audit process to clients (if appropriate), as well as any findings or results.
- Understands the sensitive nature of confidential information and uses it appropriately. Elevates potential audit issues to the AIC as soon as they are identified.
- Has demonstrated ability to explain technical/complex issues to non-technical audiences and applies logical, well-constructed arguments to persuade and influence others to adopt a new point of view.
- 6+ years of experience altogether
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant critical thinking specialty such as MIS, DIS, Computer Science, Mathematics preferred.
- MBA, CPA, CFA or related certifications preferred.
- Prior experience in Audit or the relevant specialty area preferred. Additional core skill requirements include understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes. Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data. BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.- BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85003
Organization: Audit Technology-HR07992
Requisition Number: 1910671