BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Specialist Developer - Java
BNY Mellon Markets / Liquidity Services Technology Group is expanding!
We are currently looking for a Senior Java Developer / Software Engineer to join our global team and support the strategic growth of industry-leading Liquidity DIRECT and Margin DIRECT products.
In this role, you will work both individually and as a part of a team, building microservices in a highly-distributed, loosely-coupled architecture. You will work on designing and implementing RESTful APIs, reactive data flows, and event-driven message-based communication. You will stay on the cutting edge of technology, participate in pilot projects and PoCs, integrate new approaches and technologies into existing infrastructure, and will be a part of a FinTech-like culture within a major financial institution.
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 8-10 years of experience in software development required
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience with Java 8, Spring Boot, web servers (preferably Tomcat)/Docker
- Familiarity with the concepts of microservices architecture
- Hands on experience with Messaging technologies (IBM MQ, Kafka preferred, Tibco acceptable)
- SQL databases (preferably Oracle) and ELK stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Application monitoring tools (Dynatrace, AppDynamics, or similar)
- Familiarity with Linux OS, GIT, Jenkins
- Excellent communication skills, passion for software development, and being a team player are a must!
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1910739