BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Group Manager, Third Party Governance Data and Reporting Manager
The Senior Group Manager, Third Party Governance (TPG), Data and Reporting Manager is responsible for supporting the broader vendor management function with reporting, analysis, and automation. He or she must collaborate and manage deliverables with multiple stakeholders across the entire end-to-end vendor management lifecycle, and lead the development of new tools, data environments, and BI functionality.
This ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert in (1) understanding, linking, and manipulating large datasets in databases, (2) deriving insights and meaning from data, and (3) creating actionable reporting to facilitate more efficient operation of the business. He or she would be comfortable with tools like SQL, Tableau, and Python to provide systematic and scalable solutions to business problems.
Relevant data domains for this role encompass all facets of vendor risk management: vendors, engagements, inter-affiliate firm relationships, purchase orders, invoices, and contracts. Areas of analysis include payment channels, spend classification, vendor concentration risk, 4th party risk, contract linkage, and others.Responsibilities
- Recruit, direct, motivate and develop professional staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth, and their ability to function as a team
- Understand the reporting requirements for all key stakeholders, including regulatory boards, Board of Directors, executives, and department managers
- Design and operationalize accurate, timely, and well-controlled reports for various internal partners using tools like Excel, Tableau or Qlikview
- Work with IT partners to facilitate creation of an enterprise data environment to improve data quality and enable systematic reporting and analytics
- Automate manual data processing and reporting procedures to create scalable and efficient solutions for TPG operations
- Lead data migration and conversion efforts from legacy tools into new systems
- Support requests for ad-hoc analysis and data pulls as needed
- Utilize SQL to pull, manipulate, and link large amounts of data from disparate systems
- Synthesize data findings and statistics into actionable insights and stories for presenting to senior leadership
- Reports to Head of Operations, Infrastructure and Data – Third Party Governance
- This role has direct reports
QualificationsBachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. 12-15 years of total work experience, with 3-5 years of management experience, preferred. Strong preference for candidates with a background in business intelligence using large-scale databases.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Internal Jobcode: 85241
Organization: BNY Mellon CAO-HR16507
Requisition Number: 1910750