BNY Mellon Careers
Equity Income Research Analyst
Mellon is a global multi-specialist manager dedicated to serving our clients with a full spectrum of single and multi-asset investment strategies and solutions. With roots dating back to 1933, Mellon has been innovating across asset classes for generations and has the combined scale and capabilities to offer clients a broad range of solutions. From asset class expertise to broad market exposures, clients drive what we do. We are holistic in approach, client driven and committed to investment excellence. We aim to be a key partner for our clients by delivering customized investment outcomes and best-in-class service. Mellon is seeking an Equity Income Research Analyst, with the following responsibilities:
- Conduct detailed investment research studies independently for a major investment area
- Equity income sectors and the insurance industry will be specific areas of focus
- The Analyst will interpret, manage, and analyze research data in order to translate results into solutions for Sr. Research Analysts to issue buy/sell recommendations.
- The focus will be on macro environment and industry conditions, company business strategy and management, historical financial trends, future expectations, volatility, among other factors.
- Analyses may focus on individual securities, classes of securities, or the development of quantitative decision-making models.
- Under moderate direction, performs evaluation of public information (annual reports, quarterly conference calls, newspapers, brokerage reports, etc.) Analyze variables such as regulatory actions and changing industry dynamics.
- Build financial and valuation models and other statistical analyses.
- Develop thesis document construction, investment memo writing, financial modeling, updating research management systems, and preparing materials for internal meetings, as needed.
- Interview with management, suppliers, competitors and customers from companies being researched
- Contributes to research leveraged to produce strong investment management performance and drive Alpha.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/Graduate degree / CFA preferred but not required
- 3-5 years of investment experience preferred
- Strong financial and technical acumen
- Experience in either equity income investing or insurance research preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Internal Jobcode: 80027
Job: Asset Management
Organization: MELLON WITH TOH ADJ-HR13428
Requisition Number: 1910918