Technology Campus Program
The Technology Campus Program (TCP) is one way we are seeking to recruit, develop and retain high-potential entry-level technology professionals who are prepared and positioned to contribute to the successful execution of BNY Mellon’s technology strategy and initiatives. The 2020 TCP program will begin in February and June 2020.Program At A Glance:
- Assignments across various job functions within Technology* that combine learning with skill development through practical work and projects;
- extensive in-person and virtual training curriculum and ongoing learning assignments that will help develop technical, professional, interpersonal and leadership skills; and
- career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including executive mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager.
*Prior areas have included software development, business analysis, project design/management, Information Security, infrastructure, systems architecture, cloud computing, machine learning, AI, user experience and data analytics.
Upon successful completion of the program and based on overall business need, TCPs will be matched to a full-time role, taking into account factors such as business requirements, analyst preferences and overall performance throughout the program.
Program Locations (an individual’s rotations and placements remain within one location):
- US: Pittsburgh, PA *New York, NY (with potential rotation opportunities within Jersey City)
- Small, selective program size that allows for more personal attention and support;
- Participants can further develop technical skills/expertise, enhance leadership abilities, build networks across the organization and accelerate their careers;
- Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for TCP participants;
- Visibility and exposure to senior leaders in small cohorts and/or one-to-one meetings;
- Full commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier technology talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
- Degree in a technology-based curriculum
- Passing score on BNY Mellon’s Hacker Rank coding challenge if applicable to the desired role type
- Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated technical, analytical and leadership abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 04366
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Office of CIO-HR18027
Requisition Number: 1910946