BNY Mellon Careers
Representative, Data Management & Quantitative Analysis Late Shift 15:00-23:00
SDM encompasses five primary functions: 2 pricing teams including pricing on exchange traded assets & fixed income securities and Fund of Fund pricing. We also have a corporate action’s processing team and a security master maintenance team.
We currently have 50 + people in permanent roles in Wroclaw and also work alongside teams in Ireland, USA and India numbering an additional 250+. These figures continue to grow as we take on new business. We are a Centre of excellence in the Global Securities Operations space and provide opportunities to gain considerable training and development across a range of functions, while benefitting from exposure to the wider NAV production process.
Job Purpose common to all roles:
- As a professional with a global reach, you will be expected to drive your own development and that of those around you by maintaining high standards of performance as you carry out your role.
- Successful candidate will act as oversight for global departments: ensure an excellent service standard, maintain a flow of communication, build relationships and continuously manage workflow between onshore and offshore locations.
- Display initiative by suggesting improvements to processes and taking ownership of service provided to clients. Use your qualifications and experience to add value to a global Centre of excellence.
- You will require an ability to work within a tight, deadline driven environment. This will involve maintaining an attention to detail and ability to make decisions without missing agreed deadlines.
- Work as part of a project team managing the take-on of new clients. This will involve working with both the client and various internal departments – Trade Capture, Fund Accounting, Reconciliations etc.
- A range of other project/process development/internal & external training initiatives.
- Accurately create newly traded financial instruments and maintain existing instruments on the Fund Accounting platform, using the latest security master market vendor information.
- Understand the theoretical/technical nature of all listed security types – equities, bonds, derivatives & money market instruments.
- Sound technical knowledge of equity, fixed income, derivative and fund of fund products, including vendor and broker pricing, corporate events and security master creation and maintenance.
- Project management skills.
- Exposure to major global financial institutions.
- A fast paced environment which offers ability to develop and progress within the company.
QualificationsWe are looking for candidates who have:
- At least advanced English proficiency
- General knowledge around economy, financial markets and accounting
- Strong clerical and keyboard skills with particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel. Knowledge of Visual Basic and SQL would be beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Motivated team members with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Professional approach to work and personal appearance.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Challenging, fun and supportive environment.
- City Centre location.
- Opportunity to join site wide network groups.
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- Location: Aquarius Building ul. Swobodna 3.
- Working hours: 15:00-23:00
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70130
Organization: Securities Data Management-HR07081
Requisition Number: 1911133