Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The role will reside in the first line of defence and report to the EMEA Chief Control Officer. It is instrumental in aligning Individual Accountability principles across the EMEA region and specifically the strategic management of the Senior Manager and Certification Regime for the UK legal entities. The role also encompasses the oversight of multiple committees that report into the key governance bodies within the EMEA region. The incumbent will play a key role in supporting the EMEA Chief Control Officer in determining root causes and trends in Individual and Collective accountability and its impact on the control environment, supporting the EMEA legal entities.
Key responsibilities include:
• Strategic Management of the allocation of key responsibilities in terms of the Senior Manager Regime to Senior Manager Function Holders and executive management
• Ownership and maintenance of Individual Accountability Framework, SMCR Framework, SMR and Certification policies, processes, MI and tools
• Oversight and annual review of purpose and relevance of membership of collaboration mechanisms that support the key governance bodies within the region
• Strategic input into and oversight of handover process between outgoing and incoming Senior Manager Function (SMF) holders
• Close collaboration with HR, Compliance and Internal Control teams that support SMF holders on the processes and controls supporting the SMCR framework and its execution in terms of the responsibility charter
• Support the lines of business to further embed control schedules, senior manager status reports and controls over the identification and maintenance of the certification population
• Embedding of individual accountability for key controls supporting the Operational Resilience of Critical Functions
• Leading SMCR related communications, training and engagement
• Collaboration with other EMEA entities on Individual Accountability initiatives
• Collaboration with Company Secretariat and other key EMEA stakeholders
• Ownership of the implementation/ enhancement of an SMCR tool to deliver control schedules and annual as well as ad hoc certification
• Timely implementation of remediation of audit, compliance monitoring and self-identified issues
• Participate in cross-entity initiatives, including individual accountability principles within the European Bank and other initiatives, as required.
• Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Supports multiple, complex projects and owns project timelines and leadership expectations.
• Bachelor’s degree and previous experience within financial services
• Robust risk and control, governance, and/or compliance experience gained in the 1st or 2nd Line of Defence roles
• Good understanding of operational risk tools, control frameworks and taxonomy
• Solid understanding of the SMCR regulatory requirements
• Delivery focused, with proven track record of delivering on expectations
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments of varying scope and complexity in a cross-functional environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work, collaborate and lead effectively on a geographically dispersed team.
• Confident, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and attention to detail.
• Takes initiative, accepts challenges, grows business acumen, and establishes/sustains internal/external networks and relationships in a complex organisational environment
• Acts with integrity and holding oneself accountable for their remit
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: General Mgmt / Admin
Internal Jobcode: 70400
Organization: EMEA IS REG Change Area Mgmt-HR16447
Requisition Number: 1911380