BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Relationship Mgmt
Leads the external engagement and communications strategy supporting BNY Mellon’s Clearance and Collateral platform modernization effort, the Future of Collateral. Will interface with senior members of the client’s Treasury, Funding, Operations and Collateral Management areas.
Supports the program’s strategic initiatives and business goals through the day-to-day client engagement. Serves in a consultative role to the client, advising client top leadership on the best way to achieve short- and long- term strategic objectives
Successful track record of product engagement and results with external stakeholders. Has developed significant expertise on industry trends, competitor services/offerings and clients' business environment.
Reports to Head of Client Services and Relationship Management.
- Establishes a results-driven client engagement strategy as BNY Mellon delivers a single, global collateral management platform. Promotes a sense of urgency and establishes individual accountability, evaluation criteria and success metrics supporting the program’s initiatives.
- Translates client platform requirements to specific business cases and functional requirements. Partners with clients to determine project priorities along with creating quantifiable measures of success.
- Consults with clients on their strategic vision and how BNY Mellon can help them achieve that vision. Has developed significant expertise on industry trends, competitor services/offerings and clients’ business environment.
- Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge with systems and collateral in support of funding transactions such as repo and securities finance.
- Ensures Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. team concerns are addressed during the product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes. Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for BNY Mellon’s offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment.
- Positions products for specific client segments, highlighting key benefits and competitive advantages. Works with sales and relationship management teams to support efforts.
- May work with other Relationship Managers and/or marshal firm-wide resources to ensure client needs are being addressed and to proactively inform clients of industry developments or BNY Mellon thought leadership.
- Studies industry competitors and thought leaders. Stays connected to emerging issues and trends, and their impact on BNY Mellon’s business. Stays aware of key industry events held globally.
Relationship Management - IC4 Independently develops the strategic plan for managing and growing existing client relationships, with a focus on revenue retention. Identifies opportunities to evolve client business for incremental account growth. Serves in a consultative role to the client, advising client top leadership on the best way to achieve short- and long- term strategic objectives. From a global, bank-wide perspective, assigned moderate to large emerging client accounts with high-growth potential and increased complexity of strategic needs across a region or globally. Has developed significant expertise on industry trends, competitor services/offerings and clients business environment. As the client advocate, often serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction. Consult with clients on their strategic vision and how the firm can help them achieve that vision. Promote firm services/product offerings that solve client challenges and achieve account growth. Research client issues and bring to resolution. May be assigned as owner/expert of a particular process or product. Conduct frequent and regular check-ins with assigned clients, ensuring their continued satisfaction ensuring continued satisfaction and strategic alignment with firm services/product offerings. Continually evaluate client needs and ensure sustained client engagement. Develop, track and report on relationship strategy/results for assigned client portfolio. Contribute to the development of team/unit metrics, dashboards and roadmaps. Work closely with business development teams to ensure relationship management strategy is executed by account management and client service teams. Keep abreast of client account activity occurring throughout the firm and often serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction. May assist with prospecting new clients in a similar industry or segment of existing clients. Conduct service review meetings and assist in client training, sharing of market information/experience. Contribute to the development of overall RM strategies for the unit. May work with other Relationship Managers and/or marshal firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure client needs are being addressed and to proactively inform clients of industry developments or firm thought leadership. Ensures client onboarding and/or risk management activities are conducted and captured (KYC, BAC, etc.) In some regional/local markets may manage relationships with regulators directly. Attend industry events and conferences to remain visible in the market and remain current on industry trends and competitor services/offerings. No direct reports. Provide guidance to less experienced Relationship Managers as needed. Responsible for achievement of organic, incremental growth (revenue, asset) goals within assigned client portfolio. Manages overall relationship profitability of moderate to large-sized clients with increased complexity.
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 7-10 years of total work experience preferred. Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product (Hedge, Pension, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in Relationship Management, Client Services or Account Management. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business. As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70058
Job: Global Markets
Organization: DomesticClear & CollateralMgmt-HR15464
Requisition Number: 1911411