BNY Mellon Careers
Group Manager, Data Management Quant Analysis (Data Scientist)
Are you looking to work in a Fin Tech startup environment, building cloud-based business applications?
BNY Mellon is expanding our existing capabilities focused on Data and Analytics Solutions, to be led by dynamic, results-oriented individuals. We are using state of the art tools and technologies to build cutting-edge solutions that will take our clients and the industry into the future, transforming the way business is done today!
What we’re looking for
We are looking for Data Scientists – Associate to Senior-level to help us provide clients insights, analytics and interpretation of large amount of data and ways to differentiate in the market.
What you’ll do
• Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, software engineers, product managers, and designers
• Develop insights into how large amounts of data can provide clients vision and analytics (e.g. trade performance and risk, investor analytics, custom indices, etCc)
• Be a strategic partner to product development teams, making and give recommendations when needed
Who you are
• You know how to scope and solve loosely defined problems and come up with actionable insights to guide product development decisions
• You have a deep understanding of statistics and experience working with real-world data, as well as a strong business sense
• You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as Python or Scala), experience with analytics tools (Pandas, R, SPSS or SQL) and experience performing analysis with large datasets
• You possess statistical competence (such as regression modelling, a/b testing, significance testing etc)
• You have demonstrated experience with hands-on statistical modelling and possess knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modelling, decision trees, classification models, clustering techniques)
• You have 5 - 7 years of relevant experience, with a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, psychology or another quantitative discipline
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70122
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: AS Eagle Cloud And EMS-HR06432
Requisition Number: 1911534