BNY Mellon’s Data and Analytics Solutions further extend Asset Servicing capabilities in securities and cash into the world’s most important ‘asset class,’ data. As a software and content business, inclusive of Eagle Investment Systems’ data management, accounting, and performance platform and Intermediary Analytics’ sales and distribution data, the offering also includes a suite of new cloud-based products. An ecosystem of proprietary and third-party business applications are available to help firms manage their core investment process and beyond.
We are seeking strong individuals to assist with decision and data science. The successful candidate will support the Product Management team in deriving client insights, analytics and interpretation of large amounts of data and ways to differentiate in the market. The Product Management team will work with senior leaders internally and externally to help shape initial Minimal Viable Solutions (MVPs) to fully scaled products.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, product managers, and product development
- Provide expertise in big data analytics from a data science and data engineering perspective (expertise in data manipulation, visualization, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning and deep-learning based techniques)
- Provide excellent analytical skills to mine data, develop algorithms and then analyze results to determine decisions or actions relevant to a clients’ vision and analytics (e.g., trade performance and risk, investor analytics, custom indices & benchmarks)
You will be Successful If You
- Have a Quantitative background – Understanding of statistics, optimization and machine learning methodologies. Ideally experienced with large scale graph inference. Mastery of software design principles and development skills
- Are hybrid at your core - Part statistician, part computer scientist, part researcher, looking for order and patterns in data. This is an incredible opportunity for hybrid thinkers that love to learn and synthesize in a high performing culture.
- Are an analytical thought leader - You can define the analytical agenda for projects, frame ambiguous business questions into analytical plans (e.g., assess data needs, source files, prepare data, create new features, evaluate quality), and execute leveraging technical competence in advanced analytics techniques (e.g., linear regression, logistic regression, discriminant analysis, neural networks)
- Have cognitive and communications Skills - Highly articulate, built upon an underlying fundamental clarity of thought. General ability to root out fundamental issues, bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant insights, and drive to clear decisions.
- Are a leader - Primary focus, building something of significance. Willingness to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes. Self-confidence, poise, and personal presence that inspires confidence in others. Charisma, gravitas, intellect, flexibility, and integrity that motivates others to trust, collaborate, and follow.
The Experience You Will Bring…
- You know how to scope and solve loosely defined problems and come up with actionable insights to guide product development decisions
Experience applying statistical methods (distribution analysis, classification, clustering, etc.)
- You have a deep understanding of statistics and experience working with real-world data, as well as a strong business sense
- You have working experience with:
- C, C++, R, Python, R, Java, SQL including Analytical SQL, SOQL, PL/SQL; preferably Python and R
- Data stores like MSSQL, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Hadoop, MPP Databases like HP Vertica and Redshift, Pig, Hive, Spark, Azure; preferably Azure
- Statistical methods like linear regression, logistic regression, discriminant analysis, neural networks, ARIMA, CHAID, Cluster Analysis, Market Basket Analysis, Classification
- Data Visualization and Business Intelligence tools like R Shiny, Power BI, Quicksight, BigQuery BI, Tableau, Kibana, Microstrategy; preferably Power BI
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience, with a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering or related quantitative discipline
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70122
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: AS Eagle Cloud And EMS-HR06432
Requisition Number: 1911534