Are you looking to work in a Fin Tech startup environment, building cloud-based SaaS products?
BNY Mellon is creating a new client-facing business focused on data solutions to be led by dynamic, results-oriented business leaders. We are using state of the art tools and technologies to build cutting-edge solutions that will take our clients and the industry into the future, transforming the way business is done today. We are focused on:
· Offering a “Data Vault” solution that is a secure and flexible data store that ingests, tags, and tracks multi-format, multi-source data.
· Provide data/decision scientists a “Data Studio” to perform ad-hoc data wrangling, analytics and interpretation on large amounts of data within the vault to identify ways to differentiate in the market place (e.g., cost agility, intelligent automation, product rationalization & growth).
· Leveraging “Business Applications” to provide clients insights and analytics (e.g., pre/post trade performance and risk, investor analytics, custom indices).
What we’re looking for
- Positive attitude!
- Great coder with 1 or more of the following skills:
- Extensive Java programming language experience
- Experience with front end web technologies, frameworks and architecture: Specifically Angular (we use version 6), CSS, HTML, Spring, Restful APIs, etc.
- Experience with distributed and big data computing technologies and Platform
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment (think startup)
- Experience with SaaS scalable technologies
- Experience working with Azure and/or AWS
- You keep up with technology trends because they interest you
- Must be a doer - Everyone from the top down is hands-on.
- 10+ years’ experience in software engineering (we're hiring at all levels!)
3. You understand the importance of tests and CI/CD pipelines.
BNY Mellon provides investment management and investment services that help individuals and institutions invest, conduct business and transact in markets all over the world. Headquartered in New York, BNY Mellon’s 53,000 employees are located in 36 countries and serve more than 100 markets. As a leading Globally Significant Financial Institution, BNY Mellon has approximately $32.2 trillion in Assets under Custody (AuC) and administration, more than $1.8 trillion of assets under management and manages ~40 petabytes of data on behalf of its clients. In addition, the company is the world’s largest provider of Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipt services and a leading provider of Broker Dealer, Liquidity, Payment and Global Markets services. BNY Mellon ranks as the 7th largest global asset manager and 8th largest US wealth manager.
BNY Mellon is singularly focused on serving our clients—it’s one of the things that differentiates us as a company and a culture. Technology is critical to that mission—making our clients more efficient, and protecting them and the global markets in which they operate with world-class risk management and resiliency.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Asset Servicing & Eagle Tech-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1911644