BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Specialist Application Support Analyst
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon’s global Technology organization, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients’ expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST) is responsible for application development and support for more than 350 critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing).
Markets & Market Risk Technology (MMRT) within CMIST provides technology management and application development for Foreign Exchange (FX), Securities Finance, Global Collateral Management, Liquidity Management, and Fixed Income & Equities businesses. This group also supports the company’s market risk and counterparty credit risk platforms.
BNY Mellon is hiring for a proven Production Services Analyst in the Regulatory Production Services space. We are build out its capabilities in New York as part of a wider build out of the Markets Production Service team. The role will cover incident management and reporting, running production incident calls, production access and control management, change management, disaster recovery and the day-to-day start of business readiness. The successful candidate will work will work closely with business lines to ensure systems are ready for business, handle any issues and maximize availability.Responsibilities:
- Ensure seamless and continual 24x6 global support for Markets applications
- Partner with application development and infrastructure to execute Markets technology’s future state vision
- Ensure systems delivered to production environments meet enterprise quality requirements
- Ensure the appropriate level of control and management is applied to the Markets production environment.
- Focus on maturing the support functions and improving resilience of internal and external applications used by business line.
- Seek opportunities to increase the quality of technology service delivered to the business
- Pro-actively prepare for planned maintenance over weekends, DR exercise and all major roll-outs
- Ensure logging of support incidents, hold Problem Review Meetings (PRMs) and track action items to closure
- Identify and implement minimum standards for critical support functions (e.g. runbooks, monitoring, onsite/call-out support).
- Establish recovery scenarios and run recovery tests with critical support teams (e.g. recover corrupted database, re-run a batch or file extract)
- Carry out final stage testing and vendor version upgrades
Sr. Specialist Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports moderately complex applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. Ensures projects are meeting plans and objectives. Analyzes system requirements. Reviews and evaluates project plans and objectives to ensure they meet system needs. Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any issues of high complexity. Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. Interacts directly with clients regarding project activities. Applies effective project management methodologies and control techniques. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Prior experience in, implementing and supporting large-scale production systems
- Knowledge of Regulatory frameworks and requirements
- Understanding of Fixed Income and FX Products and Trading Services
- Knowledge of Middle and back office services for derivatives including clearing, confirmation, settlement, accounting, cash projections and trade execution with broker/dealers.
- Understanding of Governance (ITIL practices/ processes)
- A solid understanding of Operational Risk
- Role involves regular escalation and coordination activities over evenings and weekends
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be flexible, enthusiastic
- Must possess excellent written and oral skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to problem solve
- A combination of the following technical skills is desirable:
- Exposure to Regulatory frameworks (Mifiid, Dodd Frank)
- Strong technical skills on UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Implement monitoring solutions App Dynamics \ Dynatrace desirable
- Good SQL skills
- Basic Java development
- Basic Python
- UNIX/Linux scripting
- Messaging queues \ protocols (MQ \ FIX)
- Experience of using Confluence Jira
- Challenging, fun and supportive environment
- Opportunity to shape the Production Services organisation and procedures
- Involvement in a Markets business with ambitious growth plans
- Training on the broad businesses that are in Markets
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45167
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1911694