BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Principal, Trading Options
Director – Agency Options Trading
Pershing is a leading global provider of financial business solutions to over 1,500 institutional and retail financial organizations and independent registered investment advisors, who collectively represent more than five and a half million active investors. Pershing has more than $1 trillion in global client assets.
Pershing Trading Services delivers the resources and scale to access a full spectrum of global opportunities. In options -Our Agency Trading Desk is a member of all U.S. listed option exchanges and supports execution in U.S. equity options, index, ETF and FLEX instruments. We utilize a suite of algorithmic solutions, floor brokers and smart routing technology with a focus on helping our clients achieve best execution. As a member of the Trading Services team, you will be part of a global market leader, working with a world class group in multiple locations and servicing some of the largest clients worldwide.
We are seeking an individual who has:
- Superior knowledge of U.S. equity and options markets, market structure and the key principals involved.
- Demonstrated success in building and leveraging key relationships throughout the industry community including exchanges, SIFMA, FINRA and market makers.
- Experience with leading projects, integrating new platforms and electronic offerings.
Executes highly complex and large trade orders in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner.
Manages the work direction of daily client activity, improving client experience and retention.
Ensures transaction pricing is aligned with both bank and client requirements.
Liaises with compliance and legal bodies to ensure risk and capital management policies are followed. Works with the most complex client accounts or products.
Largely owns pricing processes for securities traded.
Provides junior traders and clients with expertise regarding security vehicles and trading strategies to maximize portfolio performance.
Maintains broad expertise in all product offerings.
Manages risk associated with trades.
Serves as a cross-functional resource on the needs assessment and trade execution strategies. Identifies high-risk problems and provide solutions, adjusting as necessary, within broad trading strategies and procedures.
Provides strategic and tactical market advice to sales staff and clients.
Leading projects and market structure for options exchanges
Develops pricing and trading strategies based on market research.
Liaises with internal compliance, credit and risk functions on execution and trading related matters and functions.
- Series 4, 7, 63, 55 essential. Series 24 preferred
- Strong academics with a minimum Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent academics achieved.
- Manage complexity with an unrelenting focus and prioritization
- Extensive experience at a senior level, which would ideally have been spent within a large global matrix organisation. This experience is likely to come from within Financial Services due to the depth of expertise required to be successful.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Lake Mary
Internal Jobcode: 70629
Organization: Pershing Domestic-HR06431
Requisition Number: 1911699