- Identifies, analyses, monitors, and completes control testing, control and risk education, and operational and risk support activities to the business.
- Interprets regulations affecting control standards with large degree of independence and suggests methods of updating policies and practices to address any risk concerns.
- Prepares reports and provides insight to business on control / risk management including Error / Near Miss analyses.
- Responsible for interpreting regulations in order to adjust and improve internal controls.
- Ensures that existing control and business recovery practices and procedures are documented.
- Works with the business to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk.
- Tests control systems and communicates the successful and efficient performance of control and business recovery procedures.
- No direct reports, contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Supports moderately complex projects and provides insight on interpretation of regulations.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred, preferably in a Risk, Control or Audit role
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred.
- Testing experience (either embedded control, internal audit or external audit for SOC1/internal control reviews)
- Financial services experience within the industry (preferably within general fund accounting or for specific mutual fund products like ETFs)
- Relevant business/accounting/finance degree(s)
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70322
Organization: CM-Operations Embedded Control-HR16430
Requisition Number: 1911725