BNY Mellon is seeking motivated and high energy Engineers for a unique opportunity to practice Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) as part our Information Security Division – Cyber Security Platforms global team, to build and run sustainable and reliable large scale Cyber Security platforms. This role will also give a candidate the opportunity to be a part of a large Unix Splunk platform and Enterprise Security rollout globally.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that a company’s services — both internally critical and externally-visible systems have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs.
Cyber Security is the state or process of mitigating risk and protecting and recovering networks, devices, systems, and programs from any type of danger to organizations' information which may lead to unauthorized access to sensitive data amongst other risks and threats.
Splunk is an industry leading data platform for SIEM and application Resiliency, with many integrations to different technologies in the firm. The Splunk platform performs the functions of ingest, ETL, searching, correlation, monitoring, analysis (manual and Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence), cyber security posture, and dashboarding of big data.
- Analyze problems, evaluate technical issues, test, maintain, modify, integrate, monitor and ensure to automate software systems.
- Responsible for design, development, testing and implementation of automated solutions that will interact with multiple third party applications
- Defining and measuring Service Level Objectives as agreed with stakeholders.
- Incident management and post-mortem culture.
- Present technical concepts and create technical documentation.
- Being involved in system design, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Building sustainable production systems by eliminating unnecessary complexity and toil.
- Solving complex problems by a process of elimination, creating bespoke tooling where appropriate.
- Implement config management to large platforms and devops lifecycle tools
- Analysis of Cyber Security Threat Detection Rules Engine effectiveness and efficiency
QualificationsRequired Technical / Professional Expertise:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding and / or systems engineering
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Python, Go, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby, or any other non-shell script language
- SW configuration framework (e.g., ansible, chef, salt), and devops lifecycle tools (e.g., git, subversion, artifactory)
- Experience with UNIX operating systems internals and networking
- Familiarity with various UNIX performance and system tools (e.g., strace, iostat, free, top, tcpdump , grep, awk, sed , etc…)
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed systems with various underlying technologies.
- Experience in developing blackbox monitoring for systems using modern tools (e.g. prometheus / selenium)
- Integrating products using APIs
- Experience with logging systems like Splunk, ELK, syslog
- Experience with distributed systems design.
- Debugging / optimizing code
- Modern development practices. A strong preference for CI / CD / Devops techniques
- Containerisation technologies.
- Experience in managing a large scale Splunk environment is a distinct advantage
- Experience in managing Splunk/Phantom is a distinct advantage
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60183
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1911918